Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Horribly addictive games
  • bones
    Free Member

I’ve logged most hours on TW:Empire, TW:Napoleon and XCOM EU/EW/LW. Think I’ll have a game on Atilla and XCOM2 tonight, this thread has got me in the mood 😀

gaidong
    Free Member

Sorry Eulach, wife is back. WoT is back-burnered….

Cougar

How many Cougar were playing slither.io tonight, I wonder…?

WussentMe.

DezB
    Free Member

5-a-side football with my old workmates. Very addictive.

Drac

Is that Android only as I can’t find it on the App Store?

funkmasterp

There was a game a few years ago called Alien Homonid and it had a sub game within it. Basically a two player game where you controlled two stickmen in a platform / puzzle environment. My brother in law and I sunk an insane amount of time into it. The best part was that it had a rage quit button built in. If you got stuck you could make your character get so enraged he’d explode!

Pixel Junk Monsters on the PS3 was also highly addictive. Simple Tower defence with the most chilled background music and as a bonus you had to dance on your towers to upgrade them.

aracer
    Free Member

I think it must be Xbox or PS, Drac – can’t find it on Play Store either

DezB
    Free Member

😀 Only available on The 4GAstro currently

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Tea

Gingernuts

Snoring pooch at side

martinhutch

Tea

Gingernuts

Snoring pooch at side

Finished all of those. Got any others?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @martinhutch and the cross posting!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Oh ffs! 😆

Drac

Only available on The 4GAstro currently

Never heard of it. Is that a Japanese import?

Good work Malvern. 😆

Flaperon

Every time I play slither.io some **** with a giant worm chases me down and eats me. Am I missing something here? Is it a kill-or-be-killed world, or a happy trundle around eating smarties and trying not to bump into other worms?

Andy_B

Boom Beach – I’ve been UK top 300, in a top 100 task force and now in a different one that will go higher. It’s the kind of addiction that puts your job and relationship at risk.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

@Flaps

it’s worm or be wormed

legend
    Free Member

Remember worms can sprint! Helps in times of dire need

FuzzyWuzzy

12000 battles so far but lots of players have many many more. At one point I’d drop the kids at school, think “I’ll play my daily doubles for an hour”, suddenly a spot of lunch, then time to get the kids…. Work 0 – WarGaming 1. So often I realise it’s making me miserable and then you get one massive one-shot kill with your Conqueror Gun Carriage and you’re right back in there. I’ve never been addicted to anything before in my life

This is pretty much me. 12k battles, didn’t touch it for 18 months or so, addicted again, screws up ‘working’ from home but also starting to remember the frustrations that led me to quit before (although I’m not going to get suckered back into Clan Wars this time around…). Like you say, the odd moment/game is great but it’s interspersed with so many moments of frustration thanks to inept team mates.

Recently I’ve just started to care about WN8 rating, once you stop caring if you win or lose it’s much more relaxing to play even if WN8 farming isn’t always the optimal way to play for the good of the team.

plyphon
    Free Member

@Drac

I can tell you it’s a TF2 wannabe and wasn’t great. I’m not adding to my collection unless there’s a price plummet on it.

As someone with 800 hours in TF2 I can tell you it’s much more than a TF2 clone.

Sure, it would be naive to say it doesn’t borrow/share a lot of elements, but the core gameplay is actually a lot different to TF2 and much, much more dynamic. Overwatch is great. It makes TF2 look so stale and dated in comparison.

It’s only £30. Absolutely worth every penny.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I can tell you it’s a TF2 wannabe and wasn’t great. I’m not adding to my collection unless there’s a price plummet on it.

Heh.

plyphon
    Free Member

Planetside 2

The new update looks fun. I’ll dive back in again but it always gets a bit same-y quickly for me.

Drac

It’s only £30. Absolutely worth every penny.

I’m a console gamer these days so it’ll be £30 just yet.

I really didn’t like it far too much like TF2, 800 hours is just warming up. 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Has anyone beat this…yet? 😉

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’m another World of Tanks addict… after several years playing I’m through worst of the ‘crack addiction’ now that I’ve got most of the tanks I want; but I still lose the occasional sunny evening to it 🙄

pondo
    Free Member

Really rather enjoying physics-type puzzler Brain It On, even if it has a guff name.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Back on the starry/wormy crack that is slither.io

Dread Pirate Roberts – fear me 😛

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Horribly addictive games’ is closed to new replies.