Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Horrible places working in today
  • Marin
    Free Member

Skelmersdale for me. Utterly depressing wasteland. I can see what the planners thought when built. Total fail sorry boys.

matt_outandabout

Whereas I spend this afternoon *having* to take teachers to the shores of Loch Lomond. 8)

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Worse than your home Dagobah system?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not today, but last week in a dungeon of a basement in Newport, it was a needle exchange, methadone dispensary and rehab centre.

Felt very fortunate going home to my family.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I used to live in Skem,I like the place,still visit my mates down there.
    Ormskirk up the road is perceived as good but I grew to detest the place,
    guess it depends on who you know…

Stevet1
    Free Member

I think that all Skem really needs is one or two more roundabouts.

Bregante

Salford. Every day.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sunshine coast queensland, too damm hot and they all wear hardly any clothes, followed by brisbane airport, Melbourne airport and hobart airport…

colp

Skem = new motorbike + knee down

nedrapier

My great great (great?) grandparents had a farm in Skelmersdale.

I’ve never been. It’s propbably a roundabout now, by the sounds of things.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Luanda – angola. its +35 in the shade and mozzie infested.

AlexSimon

Home – after 10 years it’s getting a bit boring – especially in the winter when escape is less easy.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Skem = new motorbike + knee down

I first got to know my mates from Skem as we all rode motorbikes,although it was 1980 so you only got your knee down when you fell off 😆

I think that all Skem really needs is one or two more roundabouts.

A few of my mates moved from Skem to Milton Keynes,even more roundabouts..

tomhoward

I’m in Harrogate. Which is nice, it’s the being at work that makes it horrible.

Worked in Stockport, that was grim…

Marin
    Free Member

Yep suppose its all relevant probably very good for motorbikes. Think Im suffering from SAD today. Sorry Skem.

kilo

Used to live with a girl from Skem, what a dump. First time I visited her folks her dad was in his vest, watching cricket on tv whilst drinking a can of Stones bitter.He then proceeded on a racist tirade against the Indian cricket team. No real surprise the ex had left the place.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Later today I will be heading to Greenock, which I recently heard described as ‘40,000 alcoholics clinging to a hillside’!

SaxonRider

Bregante – Member
    Salford. Every day.

What part of Salford? I used to live in Swinton. The shopping precinct looked like something dreamt up in hell.

Marin
    Free Member

Used to spend fair bit of time bobbing about on Loch Lomond when lived in Loch Aline. Snow report please Matt. Up to Torridon in few weeks for winter climbing trip. Hysterical laughter is optional at moment.

phiiiiil

We took a bus through Skelmersdale last year (the only way to see a place like that, surely); we concluded it was either a tiny place that we went through about ten times, or a massive place that is all exactly the same (ie. roundabouts).

Never worked out which was true; don’t intend to return to find out…

legend
    Free Member

giant_scum – Member

Later today I will be heading to Greenock, which I recently heard described as ‘40,000 alcoholics clinging to a hillside’!

yeah but they’ve got a nice sea-view whilst getting drunk!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not me, but a mate has a shit job, literally. He goes round sampling all the discharge from sewage works.

However actually he is very very lucky! His patch is basically the Yorkshire Dales, so he gets to drive around all day in a beautiful area, taking water samples, with the occasional ride where he sees fit.

Lucky sod

scotsman
    Free Member

Fancy a Super Bock trail rat, although it will have to be quick as i’m off to Dande spool base later, so yes horrible!

chakaping
    Free Member

Worse than your home Dagobah system?

Took me a moment, but 😆

You should have brought a road bike OP, there’s some great climbs on the edge of town.

doris5000

What part of Salford? I used to live in Swinton. The shopping precinct looked like something dreamt up in hell.

I used to live in and around Langworthy. Swinton was always thought of as the posh bit! 😆

I also worked in Rochdale. Also a dump.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Didcot. I win.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Later today I will be heading to Greenock,

Greenock is quite charming compared to it’s neighbour, the Port of Glasgow.

IHN

Cirencester. It’s a nice place, if you like tweed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You lot can all pipe down I used to do house clearances in Maryhill.

Mostly old junkie flats.

beej

I’m currently in a Travelodge next to a Lidl in Newcastle under Lyme. It’s all glamour in my job.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Didcot. I win.

Wrong.

A Category C prison. I win.

scruff9252

I found myself in Paisley this morning, not the most glamorous place. The petrol station cum tesco express had a bottle of Talisker Skye reduced from £42 to £20. I guess the original price had an unappealing pound to pished ratio for the locals…

mogrim

We took a bus through Skelmersdale last year (the only way to see a place like that, surely); we concluded it was either a tiny place that we went through about ten times, or a massive place that is all exactly the same (ie. roundabouts).

That is quite an impressive amount of roundabouts for a small town:
    https://goo.gl/maps/tBgtBR16iB62

RickDraper
    Free Member

I’m currently in Iran.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’m currently in Iran

Dirty boy, is he enjoying it?

stewartc
    Free Member

Bangalore (OK) for earlier in the week, today Noida and Delhi followed by a lovely 0125 flight back home (/sarcasm).
    You only go to Noida if someone is paying, there is no other reason.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Three Bridges ROC, it looks like a Cat C prison but has worse facilities.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well food was so bad here today on our one meal a day ….

My colleagues were envious of my pasta in sauce mac n cheese made with powdered milk and boiled water….

Bregante

What part of Salford?

Well my office is in Swinton (the posh bit) but most days feature the delights of Ordsall, Langworthy or the Duchy Estate and the occasional tour of Lower Broughton and a bit of Little Hilton thrown in for good measure.

CountZero

Avonmouth.
    So glad I only have to visit occasionally, and those visits are brief ones.
    Dust off and nuke from orbit. It’s the only solution.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Horrible places working in today’ is closed to new replies.