Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • horrible crash, big thanks to riding mate and A&E
  • rickon
    Free Member

It also bungs you up (poo)

I’d forgotten about that! I must have blocked it out of my memory, they were intense toilet sessions I tell you!

Thanks for reviving the memories.

downshep

Just seen the pics. Whit a sight! Coupon like a burst couch! Mrs C may be concerned about losing you ‘cos chics dig scars but really, you’re an ugly fecker anyway and these things are better shared. Get them posted! 😀

takisawa2

Speedy yuletide recovery greetings from the Midlandshire.
    Make sure your mate talks about it too. Having to deal with my mates simillar situation it played on my mind for a while afterwards, thinking what if etc.

yunki
    Free Member

Speedy recovery, but as has already been pointed out, this thread is useless without pitchers.. 😀

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nasty! Hope you get better soon! Had similar in April this year but was unfortunately alone. Was quite a walk to where an ambulance finally got me. Try not to get caught up on what happened after and during the crash. I can’t remember anything after spotting the obstruction and another 300m further on and don’t expect it’ll ever come back and it haunted me a little and still does.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I picked up Scienceofficer off the trail when he knocked himself out a couple of years ago, it didn’t hurt me like it did him, took me a long while to get over it though.
    Seeing your bud smashed up, covered in blood, unconscious, is a haunting memory.
    Cleaning his bike up afterwards, cleaning the blood and cr4p off it.

Talk it over with your mate, go ride the trails again, take a moment at the place where it happened to try and release some demons, it helps.

Get well soon

iainc

pipiom
    Free Member

GWS my friend…..I had similar eating issues after throat cancer…quite easy to leave out important bits and proteins etc…. I just liquidised loads of fruit skin n all, made thick veg and meat soups… Loved em so much I still have em sometimes…..good luck.

skiprat
    Free Member

Yeah thats not a good look on you.

I’d stay away from the salt and vinegar crisps for a couple of weeks if i was you.

Glad you’re on the mend and get well soon!!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Ouch! Healing vibes. But if there is ever a remake of the Streets of San Francisco I reckon you’d get the part!

andybrad

ooof hope you get well soon fella. take it easy and dont rush things.

Oh and make sure you buy the missus a pint and the guy a bunch of flowers for looking after you 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ouchie……….. get well soon. No participation for family christmas photos for you this year !!

BoardinBob

Jeebus!

So was this on the three drop section near the start at the wind turbine? I’ll be riding round that for the foreseeable!

mogrim

Ouch! Nasty! Can’t add much more than get well soon!

martinhutch

Christmas fancy dress party bonus though – go as a member of the zombie apocalypse.

Nick

Good work!

iainc

its feeling a good bit better today, thanks

beaker2135

Get well soon, hope you don’t have to liquidise the turkey

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ow! Ow ow ow ow ow.

Makes me feel a bit better about my broken back…

Could have been worse – you can still see, eh?

Get well. Soon be spring. 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

You’re lucky. My pal John Graham went over the bars on the traverse around Lonscale Fell and broke his neck.

His widow’s tribute:

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2013/09/11/widow-pays-tribute-to-mountain-biker-john-graham-who-died-on-skiddaw

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ladies and gentlemen – as if we needed reminding – what we do is very dangerous.

Let’s be careful out there. 8)

kevin1911

Bit late for Halloween, no?

Heal quick.

I pretty much always ride alone – seeing things like this make me think it’s not suchg a clever idea.

granny_ring

Yuk.
    Get well soon.

iainc

I can still see, badly – mashed my riding specs. Eating is a challenge – currently on Alpen porridge.

It could have been so much worse…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

That’s bad luck Iain. Cathkin has claimed a whole load of victims so far; the public generally aren’t used to a world cup track I think and assume because it’s XC they can relax! (not talking about you, but some others aye).

Speedy recovery. That’s a pretty good look anyway, bet you’ll scare the crap out of folk when you smile!

globalti
    Free Member

Last Autumn my son aged 13 lost control of his road bike and nutted a tree, knocking himself out. Coming round a corner and finding my own child lying unconscious in the mud with a pool of bright blood coming out of his nose is something I will never forget. Thankfully the damage was not serious or long-lasting. The following February he took a jump badly while skiing and compressed a vertebra; another trip to hospital, this time to stay for five days. He’s a lot more cautious nowadays on downhills.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Saw this on the GMBC FB page. That looks pretty nasty Ian.
    We’ve never met so I cant comment on whether the new arrangement is an improvement or not! Healing vibes, still you’ll be back on the bike in time for the worst of the winter mugdock slop.
    Which is nice…..

brokensoul
    Free Member

Ouch! You made a bit of a mess of that, didn’t you?
    Get well soon.

Wozza
    Free Member

“You’ve got red on you”

Looks like it stung a bit! Get well soon fella and respect to your mate, he’s earned a pint.

iainc

cheers all, I may have been ugly, but not that bad 🙂 The uncanny thing for me is that it’s a section of trail I ride weekly, nothing new or risky….just goes to show I guess….

iainc

4 days in and mending 🙂

wwaswas

*barfs*

(I’m sure you’re handsome under all the scabs and bruising, though)

richmtb

Glad to see you are on the mend Iain.

Its a funny place Cathkin Braes, none of it is “hard” but there are plenty of places that would really hurt if you came off. I’ve had a couple of stupid offs up there as well.

Always manage to avoid landing on my face though!

New MET parachute for xmas for you I think!

Seriously though glad you are feeling better, the mrs is now paranoid about me riding up there in the dark though!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yikes! That was a proper mess!

Looks like they made a good job of closing it up. Heal fast!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jesus, it’s a shame their not still auditions for world war Z in Glasgow!

Healing vibes mate 😆

velocipede
    Free Member

Looking much better now Iain – healing vibes and all that – as said above, this is a reminder of how dangerous what we do is and, as much as we all love it, it pays to take care. All the best

molgrips
    Free Member

More concerned about what’s in your wardrobe tbh.

pipiom
    Free Member

Yeah bit of Hawaiian shirt going on in there 😉

growinglad
    Free Member

Holy Crap….photo’s just after the accident are good’ens.

Speedy recovery and I hope you don’t get a cold for at least a month or more….blowing your hooter is not goona be fun!

Get well soon!

GHill

I was thinking of having pizza for lunch, but err…

The things you’ll do for a bit of time off at Xmas.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘horrible crash, big thanks to riding mate and A&E’ is closed to new replies.