Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Horrendous wait for warranty part
  • tom.nash

Anyone else suffered a horrendous wait for warranty replacement parts? Waiting on a swingarm from Yeti and has been about three weeks now, guess it must have been on the slowest boat from the US to UK – sure if they really wanted to it could have been UPS’d in a matter of days…! Very annoying when you spend thousands on a bike. The LBS has been brilliant and done all they can, just let down by what seems like a lethargic approach in the US.

njee20
    Free Member

3 weeks? Horrendous? Yeahhhhhhh… Ok.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Our TV has been away for 5 weeks getting repaired. Luckily our kids aren’t too telly dependent. But I’ll be going into Currys tonight to have more words with the manager.

timidwheeler

I waited months for Canyon to replace my frame.

stevied
    Free Member

5 weeks for my KS when it went back to Germany.
    Waiting for spares, spares arrive, not enough spares, wait for more spares, not the spares needed arrive, wait a bit longer…eventually get a refund

baddddad
    Free Member

Don’t ever buy a Capra Tom. 3 weeks is about the time when you send the 4th email wondering why no one has has replied or returned your calls

m360
    Free Member

Over 3 months for a Sony laptop motherboard. Not like I needed it for Uni or anything 🙄

bigbloke
    Free Member

Currently into week 4 of a simple fork warranty claim.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I was waiting for about 2 months for new frame bushes on my ASR Yeti. Lucky , although I had rear wheel steer I could still ride it. In the end, I got a local machine shop to turn up a dozen, so I didn’t have to worry Yeti about that again.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s a long time when your bike’s in parts and it’s not your fault. 3 weeks though, not quite time for pitchforks.

Have Yeti kept you informed? Tracking / understanding any delay would I suspect, help keep you a calmer.

cultsdave
    Free Member

12 weeks for a new CSU on my BOS Deville forks!!

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

I had my swingarm break on Trigger’s Broom (Scott Spark 35 2012 – 3 years old, very little original left)

LBS very efficient – sent all photos and proof of purchase to scott distributor within 2 days of me taking it in. Basically, everything necessary to send the part immediately.

After 3.5 weeks of prevarication and incompetence by the distributor, I managed to get the attention of Scott Head Office and the distributor got a thorough ticking off.
    Still took them over a week to get the part to the LBS though.

Ho hum. Still, LBS (Ilkley Cycles / Tim in the shop) loaned me a lovely Lynskey Ti 29er Pro 1×11 for wednesday nights for the missing weeks. I like.

taxi25
    Free Member

I waited 5 months for a lapierre swinging arm 😯

teamslug
    Free Member

just got an Easton wheel replacement from crc..only took 4 months, in their defence I did state that there was no real rush! I think the delay was getting a rim from Easton then silverfish rebuilding it.

tom.nash

😥 When I use it for work too it is extremely frustrating, now being forced to look at the n+1 option. Thankfully I have some great folk who have let me beg, borrow & steal a bike when needed. Guess it’s going ok then!

frood
    Free Member

Back when I worked in a shop in London we had a Santa Cruz heckler come back with a broken swing arm, despite weekly calls it took 8 months for the warranty replacement to arrive from the US. Hope your replacement is a little quicker!

scruff
    Free Member

3 months for a Foes swingarm, which was repaired, not replaced. It then cracked again. And then I found a crack on the front end. I took the P.O.S. to the tip.

wwaswas

The LBS has been brilliant and done all they can

+

When I use it for work too it is extremely frustrating, now being forced to look at the n+1 option

loan bike?

Regardless of Yeti’s response times your warranty is through the retailer and they’re responsible for it.

bigjim

Was told 4-11 weeks for replacement monarch shock from fishers, right in the middle of summer riding, no chance I was waiting!

vmgscot

Waited 3 months when my mk1 Ti456 (Lynskey) cracked…. never did see it again… got offered a new mk3 (VanNic) with Hope headset/post, etc and been happy with that ever since

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Makes my nine weeks for DT Swiss shock look like a drop in the ocean.

tom.nash

Rediculous; I don’t know how the industry as a whole keeps it’s head above water sometimes!

pinetree
    Free Member

Edit: Wrote my reply and realised it came across a bit harsh.

Hope you get your bike sorted asap.

chakaping
    Free Member

now being forced to look at the n+1 option.

So they’ve done you a favour really.

😉

Northwind

When I broke the swingarm on my hemlock- not a warranty job btw, a used bike that was also out of warranty anyway, that had just been used to race the fort william endurance dh so was probably entitled to break in half- I remember Cy apologising profusely that there’d be a delay- he couldn’t post the replacement until Friday, meaning a delay of 2 entire days. I thought he was going to tell me 2 months or something 😆

Our industry takes the piss out of us. It’s not the only industry that does this, but imagine the door falls off your car, and you have to wait 4 months for a new door and when it arrives it’s a different colour. Especially so in these times of rapid obsolescence where by the time you get the bike back in service there’ll be 2 new wheelsizes and yours will have depreciated to nothing while parked up

tom.nash

^Yup.

RoterStern
    Free Member

5 weeks for my KS when it went back to Germany.
    Waiting for spares, spares arrive, not enough spares, wait for more spares, not the spares needed arrive, wait a bit longer…eventually get a refund

I’m having the same problem with my LEV here in Germany. It went back under warranty because there was vertical play in the post. It came back three weeks later and they had serviced it but forgot to fix the problem, so back it went again. Currently at seven weeks and counting. Apparently the distributors are very small scale in Germany and mainly concentrate on city bikes and so only have one part-time mechanic or something. Worth baring in mind if you decide to buy anything from Kindshock from a German´website.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Jeez, I waited 4 days for a Swing arm for my Spesh.

The only other warranty stuff I’ve need has been Fox stuff, I’ve dropped it off at Mojo, picked it up 24 hours later and been told “you needed X, Y and Z under warranty”. and it came back like new.

This is the sort of thing that stopped me in my tracks from (at least thinking about) buying an Evil Insurgent, the horror stories from Uprising, Undead and Revolt owners who either waited months, even a year for some bit or other, or were told to glue stuff into the frame or worse still told “sorry your frame is broken, we don’t make bits for that anymore”.

Oh hell no.

chakaping
    Free Member

This is the sort of thing that stopped me in my tracks from (at least thinking about) buying an Evil Insurgent, the horror stories from Uprising, Undead and Revolt owners who either waited months, even a year for some bit or other, or were told to glue stuff into the frame or worse still told “sorry your frame is broken, we don’t make bits for that anymore”.

Oh hell no.

I hear you loud and clear.

Evil following looks like the perfect bike for my needs in many ways (apart from actual looks obvs).

But I’d have to be bonkers to hand them that sort of money with their reputation for cracked frames and huge waits.

bruneep

3 months and counting for replacement alloy wheels from Kia. Admittedly I can still drive the car.

br
    Free Member

When I use it for work too it is extremely frustrating, now being forced to look at the n+1 option. Thankfully I have some great folk who have let me beg, borrow & steal a bike when needed. Guess it’s going ok then!

tbh If you are needing something for work then you ought to have a Plan B. What would’ve happened if you’d just broken it, you’d still be waiting, but unable to blame someone else.

tomaso
    Free Member

Faulty Pikes that came on a bike from Germany were returned by LBS to Fishers on the Tuesday and new set of forks were sorted by Monday afternoon.

A set of lights on a warranty claim are waiting for a new batch of stock to arrive. Initial enquiry on 18 June and after quite a bit of faffing, a wee argument and a long wait for new stock to be shipped… I am assured they will be in the post to me very soon. Its well over 3 months and I’ve bought a new set of lights as if I didn’t do nightrides I would hardly get to ride at all.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I hear you loud and clear.

Evil following looks like the perfect bike for my needs in many ways (apart from actual looks obvs).

But I’d have to be bonkers to hand them that sort of money with their reputation for cracked frames and huge waits.

This plus I know of one with 20% off new price and it is new.
    N+1 😉 😆

davosaurusrex

I needed a rebuild kit for my Turner. They charged me a third less than US RRP, I told them there was no rush and paid $7 for postage from California. They paid double that for a faster service without mentioning it and I got the kit in 4 days.

Just sayin’!

chakaping
    Free Member

This plus I know of one with 20% off new price and it is new.
    N+1

TBH it’d need to be 70% off the RRP to tempt me (and to suit my bank balance).

bungle

Not bike-related but I broke the front USB ports on my Antec computer case. Tripped over cable when bladdered. Emailed to say ‘where can I get a replacement part?’ and one arrived airmail from the States 2 days later. No charge.

Yes, I would buy from them again.

kcal

I’ve had two excellent pieces of customer service in the recent past, both USA companies. One part bike related (SpurCycle) and one tech. (MacBook stands company). Parts shipped across to UK FOC either promptly without fuss or at least with updates..

hora
    Free Member

Evenin’. Mazz forks- posted on a Tuesday, back Thursday along with swish SKF upgrade seals fitted FOC.

😀

bigwill
    Free Member

if your bike is a 95 then the wait is because there are no more swing arms, worth checking out mtbr yeti forum on this issue. If it’s another model then just yeti been super slow. though its not exclusive to yeti, 8 weeks for a swing arm was my longest, right in the middle of summer.

legend
    Free Member

OP, you’re sponsored by the shop in question aren’t you? Could be a bit stuck if Yeti drag their heals

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Horrendous wait for warranty part’ is closed to new replies.