Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Horizontal dropouts for O-O Scandal 29er V2 – Hens teeth?
  • snownrock

As I seem to be using my FS mostly for proper longer rides I find myself being singlespeed curious for my somewhat forgotten but still loved HT. Would be good for short messing about rides on the local trails (plus it might help me understand quite how thoroughly Steve Day trounced me at the Mayhem this year).

Is it still possible to get hold of these horizontal swap out drop outs? The website only has mech hangers, I’ve emailed them but am not optimistic about a response.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have a set available of the horizontal drop outs, new and unused

£15 posted

snownrock

Crikey. Good man, deal! Please drop me an e-mail, it’s in my profile. (Can’t see any details in yours).

Thanks

andyl
    Free Member

how did you miss these? http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FSOOCNCSO/on-one-cnc-anodized-swap-out

Choose the singlespeed option. £20 each takes the piss though.

Was wanting a set of spare dropouts for ages and they eventually put them sale for £2 each the other month so I grabbed some spares.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Yep, 20 quid each is a p1ss take, but guess they know there’s a niche market.
    I also bought some off another member of this forum.
    Regardless where you get them from though you may need to get the dremel out to get some of them to fit.
    Think it was the non-drive side on a scandal 29er – just needed a rotary bit to make one hole a little bigger.
    Not difficult, but I’d have been p*ssed at doing that if I’d just shelled out £40.

snownrock

andyl – Member
    how did you miss these?

Ah, thanks. I tried searching dropouts, scandal, singlespeed etc but didn’t find these. I forgot they called them swapouts. The O-O website is never particularly user friendly.

big_n_daft has sorted me out anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Horizontal dropouts for O-O Scandal 29er V2 – Hens teeth?’ is closed to new replies.