Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hopwas Hays Wood, Tamworth
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Passed by in the car yesterday on way cross country and there seemed to be a fair number of cars with bike racks parked around in laybys
    Looking at the OS map seems a fair few bridleways through the woods and around the area that could be linked into a fairly decent ride
    Ive been looking for somewhere (other than Cannock) mid way between Brum and Derby to meet up with some friends.
    Anyone local who can recommend a route?
    Is it worth the journey, any cheeky stuff in the woods (privately owned I think)?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Been a couple of times on my own but its one of those places that needs a regular to show you around unless you fancy getting lost a lot trying to find the good stuff.

Have a look here.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hopwas-woods

I do quite fancy doing it again but not on my own.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Lived in tamworth all my life and not found a lot that way. Saying that I have never really mooched over there. My mate used to go all the time, says theres a lot to be found. I would imagine it's no Cannock Chase.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iain1775
    Free Member

cheers I Ache, thats enough info to convince me to head that way and combine some exploring in the woods with some of the local bridleways

I need somewhere different to usual to try and get some motivation back
    A bit sick of same old Cannock and Peaks trails

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Couple of nice DH runs there, short but with 3' drops, nice berms etc. Best found by parking at Tame Otter pub in Hopwas, go down canal for 5mins, cross at bridge, then bear left, best runs are up on the right. Makes a nice stop off if you're going Brum – Tamworth or Lichfield on the cut.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Neil Being based in Tamworth where do you normally ride? are there any decent places nearby?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

There's a little bit of info here.

Duggan

Watch out for the 'witches' 😆

http://www.ipcress.org.uk/truth_out/tamwitch.html

mysterymove
    Free Member

I work in Tamworth, if anyone's up for exploring i'd be up for a quick jaunt after work, PM me…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im up for a ride there one evening but cant do straight after work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hopwas Hays Wood, Tamworth’ is closed to new replies.