Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hopton Woods. Is it worth a visit or is it a bit pants?
  • shortcut

In the area for a couple of days. Done Long Myndd. Thinking of Hopton should i go here, the Beacons, FoD or Cannock?

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Andy

swingbing
    Free Member

Have you been to any of these before? If not I’d go check out Cannock. Hopton is ok, very much an xc kind of place. Probably more fun with someone who really knows there way around.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hopton is great DH runs are fun 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

Oh hold on, I was actually thinking of Hopwas woods, Sorry!

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

personally i prefer Hopton to FoD, and definitely far far better than cannock.

“very much an xc place”?? there are some amazing dh tracks there, used for the pearce dh series. and they can be linked into the xc loop (which in itself is a lot of fun). have a day there exploring and you will love it.

edit: fair enough, easy mistake 🙂

maxtorque

We did the mynd, then Hopton, then FOD earlier in the year in a bit of MTB binge! Hopton is GREAT! Techy, steep, yet flowy, and there are some decent climbs to keep your heart rate up. If it’s wet and slippery it’ll be interesting over the roots too ! 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Yeah I’d go again definitely. XC trail was cracking fun and the DH side of things speaks for itself.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Is really good

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hi Andy,
    All depend on how much riding you whant to get in!

I liked Hopton, rode round when NPS XC was there this year, the red loop was good, DH sections of the xc loop are good. only did about 3/4 I think due to the race been on.

FoD was so so, both loops very short, even in my unfit state! If you got a local rider, know the area I think it be a lot better.

Liked Canock as well, again more riding time than FOD.

Don’t forget that Eastridge Woods is just up the road (40ish mins) from Hopton, good trails up there, don’t think trails are way marked as such, but thats half the fun! 😉

Give me call if you like Andy, be good to catch up.
    Rob

swingbing
    Free Member

I’m going to have to go check out Hopton for myself now 🙂

shortcut

Cheers chaps.

Looks like we will be at Hopton today!

Done Cannock and FoD which were both OK in the past.

Catch you soon Rob – fancy a ride over my way sometime? I will give you a shout later in the week.

chvck
    Free Member

Hopton is ace, as is Eastridge!

nick7658
    Free Member

Hopton is WELL worth a visit.

Boasting a brilliant little xc loop plust all the downhill runs!

Best way to explore is to book on one of the Pearce uplift days

eightyeight
    Free Member

Hopton is great fun and as mentioned above it can get a bit hairy when the rooty bits get a bit wet and slippery.

Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hopton Woods. Is it worth a visit or is it a bit pants?’ is closed to new replies.