Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Hopton Charity Gravity Enduro – Get on it.
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

nickhead – Member
    I rode at Hopton weekend before last – was pretty wet, and quite slick. I had an Advantage on the front and an Ardent on the rear which was a little sketchy and lacking in traction in places….

Based on experience of various Gravity Enduros, I wouldn’t go too chunky (HighRoller/Minion etc) as there’s going to be plenty of climbing on the transitions, and the stages look to have a fair amount of ‘along’ as well as ‘down’ in them.

If the ardents and the advantage were a little sketchy, wouldn’t it be better to go with a highroller / minion? Or is there something inbetween you would recommend?

I’m a bit of tyre novice, and the idea of starting a tyre thread on here terrifies me to my very core….

nickd
    Free Member

will everyone be wearing a full face or open lid?

eightyeight
    Free Member

Open lid – as suggested on the Pearce website (but mainly because I don’t have a full face)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superfli
    Free Member

I might consider looking a **** and putting my parachute chinguard on. If I dont use it here, where am I to use it?!

scottfitz
    Free Member

parachute 😳

superfli
    Free Member

You can borrow it Scott, but dunno if your coordinated shorts and top will match 😆

nickd
    Free Member

what the hell is a parachute chinguard??

eightyeight
    Free Member

scottfitz
    Free Member

what the hell is a parachute chinguard??

Its embarrassing that what it is! 😳

Be cool like me Superfli, Ride in a piss pot’n’goggles and your pants! 8)

Also dave you don’t need to protect your face, it’s not like your going to make it look worse. 😈

superfli
    Free Member

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/met-parachute-mtb-item180471.html?gclid=CNL_24LthbMCFWXJtAodCR0A9w

I’m to old to give a hoot what people think, it also seems I’m too ugly as well 🙁
    However, I dont particularly like going to the dentist, so I’m going to wear it!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Don’t worry mate when you win the master we will all love you 🙂

mrbump
    Free Member

@superfli
    the crossmark will not be faster of the greasy singletrack on the stages at hopton. it will only benifit you on the fireroad sections of the stages.

DavidM
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. Anyone else in the hardtail cat? Can anyone tell me how long getting up the hill will take? I am going down on the sunday and would like to get atleast one stage ridden before the off, but seen as I am second starter at 10:30 it is lookiing like I might need an early start…

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Provisional start times have been listed http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/files/charity_gravity_enduro_211012_-_provisional_start_times_v1_0.pdf

As far as I know the Gravity enduro route is similar to the National xc course held earlier this year. Check out the lap times on Timelaps for the results (saturday results here)which will give you an idea. http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/BNMBS%20XC%20RD3%20Saturday.pdf

At the top of the climb there is a grassy climb too but I think this has been modified and recently been given a layer of hardcore (?) so it won’t be so draggy. I haven’t actually seen the alterations though. The hill climb will take anything from 7 minutes to 15 minutes depending on your fitness and conditions.

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Video of the stages for the Gravity Enduro, you may wish to turn the volume up for a running commentary.

http://mpora.com/videos/AAdaqcb3wkkf

Have a great weekend everyone 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Hopton Charity Gravity Enduro – Get on it.’ is closed to new replies.