• This topic has 236 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by igm.
Viewing 37 posts - 201 through 237 (of 237 total)
  • Hopkins sacked from LBC
  • chewkw
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

I welcome that. You can correct my grammars as long as you wish. 😀

Cougar – Moderator
    Bear in mind that we have at least one dyslexic on this thread for a start (and is English Chewkw’s first language, even?)

Are you making fun of them? I might be reading it wrongly … 😯

Cougar

I’ve no idea how, but yes you are.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I’ve no idea how, but yes you are.

Okay. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

What I want to know is what people keep listening to her if they object to her views? In fact why double the dosage by reading her bookmyface or teweetter?

If that’s really what you want to know, why did you ignore the people who have already answered that exact question ?

I know I’ve answered it.

And I know cougar did also.

So. Why aren’t you reading the replies to your questions. And then asking them again and again as if they somehow inciteful and intelligent?

RustySpanner

I usually like Chewy’s contributions.
    🙂

I don’t find him offensive at all, seems to be done in good humour.

Cougar

asking them again and again as if they somehow inciteful and intelligent?

I know I’ve just said about not picking up on people’s spelling and typos, but you may have accidentally made your question more appropriate there. (-:

bearnecessities

What RS said. My lord do his posts confuse me sometimes, but I’ve never seen him post anything remotely aggressive, unpleasant or rude. Which is more than can be said than most of us, and to my shame, myself included.

So less of the bullying (which essentially preying on a perceived easy target is). Not that he seems incapable of dealing with it.

I should reiterate, I still have no idea what he’s saying most of the time 🙂

Northwind

OK, since it’s gone this way- Chewkw is almost never rude or aggressive. But he is a derailer of threads, to the point it’s pretty antisocial, and disrespectful of other users sometimes IMO. Pretty much any subject can become a Chewkw gibberish party and once it does it often just kills it..

RustySpanner

I often find his views quite insightful.

He does respond when prodded (quite hard, sometimes) but honestly, the guys harmless and pretty funny with it.

Crack on sunshine.
    🙂

kelvin

So less of the bullying

I see no bullying.

This thread was never going to go anywhere useful, but it isn’t exactly the first thread to go this way because of the contributions of one (or two) poster(s). People stating their frustration at that isn’t bullying. However, it is wiser just to step away and accept another thread filling with nonsense. That many of us keep biting reflects badly on us. We should stop. It isn’t bullying though, just frustration. Just walk away people. Leave it.

RustySpanner

Or just get it back on track.

A good thread can survive a bit of nonsense.
    And as said, it’s obviously not malicious, there doesn’t seem to be any agenda behind it.

He’s just this guy, y’know?

bearnecessities

Sorry, wasn’t trying to derail this myself. If I’m honest I find most what he spouts hard to decipher.

I just struggle to watch the nastiness thrown his way, when I see no evidence of such an attitude coming from him.

If he’s cockwonble in other ways, then I’ve failed to notice.

Anyhow, carry on 🙂

I see no bullying.

Well our definitions differ 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

I know I’ve just said about not picking up on people’s spelling and typos,

I think the generally accepted thing to do in these situations is to claim dyslexia isn’t it 😉

(I’m not. I’m just northern)

oldtalent
    Free Member

This thread is the perfect example of why I will never buy the magazine, which I am told is actually quite good.
    That threads like this can continue with the name calling, insults and bullying from the usual suspects against anyone who doesn’t share their views.
    It really doesn’t look good on the owners that they allow this to continue.

nealglover
    Free Member

Explain where the bullying is please.

Edit- by the way, are you really saying, that you don’t buy the mag, which you know is actually good, because of people discussing things on the forum?

Cougar

That threads like this can continue with the name calling, insults and bullying from the usual suspects against anyone who doesn’t share their views.

I can assure you that the Moderators have responded to and acted upon every reported post on this thread, all zero of them. I counted twice to be sure.

CountZero

bearnecessities – Member
    What RS said. My lord do his posts confuse me sometimes, but I’ve never seen him post anything remotely aggressive, unpleasant or rude. Which is more than can be said than most of us, and to my shame, myself included.

So less of the bullying (which essentially preying on a perceived easy target is). Not that he seems incapable of dealing with it.

I should reiterate, I still have no idea what he’s saying most of the time
    As is often the case with those whose first language isn’t English, syntax is one of the first things that gets skewed, and it’s often particularly noticeable with Eastern languages, not sure quite why that is, possibly with not having a common root language like the Romance languages.
    Hungarian and Finnish have no common connection with any other European language, and any other language at all, IIRC, and not having anything in common as regards grammar, written structure, etc, is I think, what leads to Chewkw’s at times mangled syntax.
    And I definitely agree with the rest of what bear says, there are those who will pick an argument with an empty room and work themselves into a rage over it; Chewkw at least manages to maintain an air of remarkable restrained calm in the face of some of the harangues that he gets.
    In much the same way as Chewkw, I pretty much refrain from contact with any so-called ‘reality TV’, it’s a true oxymoron, and I’ve far better things to do with my time, so although I’ve never, ever, watched anything with the vile creature that is KH, or Piers Morgan for that matter, I’m fully aware of stuff that does get into the general public media, and so I’m able to form a proper opinion on what they’re like as people.
    I guess the word is by osmosis, I guess, and I suspect that Chewkw gets a fair amount of info like this, without it carrying much in the way of real detail.
    These are just some thoughts that have bubbled to the surface while reading through this thread, so I’ve stuck them down in the hope it might lead to a bit of extra clarity.
    Probably not, but it costs nothing but some time, eh.

Cougar

I guess the word is by osmosis

Going from a less dense to a more dense medium? That’s a perfect description of our mainstream media. (-:

nealglover
    Free Member

I guess the word is by osmosis, I guess, and I suspect that Chewkw gets a fair amount of info like this,

Apparently not.

He saw her once on The Apprentice 11 years ago and hasn’t seen or heard of her since. Nothing at all.

And has never seen Piers Morgan, or Heard of him, apart from that one time a year ago when he saw 2 minutes of him doing an interview.

No osmosis, just nothing at all.

keithr
    Free Member

Where has that happened?

I’ve given yer man the benefit of the doubt with regard to English possibly not being his first language (I think I saw something about it on another thread – another example of taking notice of what’s going on around me) but his deliberate, obtuse refusal to inform himself about a subject before going on,

and on,

and on,

and on,

about it;

deliberately ignoring solid answers from numerous contributors to his repeated questions; all the while happily admitting that he has has no clue about the topic under discussion, is pretty poor.

Even if you do think he’s doing it with a smile on his face and a song in his heart, it’s not what I call acceptable forum behaviour.

I’m new here, so maybe it flies (it would appear not, mind). My personal rule of thumb is “would I tolerate nonsense like this face to face?”

I doubt I’m alone in answering “no” to that one…

kerley
    Free Member

My personal rule of thumb is “would I tolerate nonsense like this face to face?”

That is a very good rule. And in this case I would just be ignoring them or walking away.

keithr
    Free Member

In much the same way as Chewkw, I pretty much refrain from contact with any so-called ‘reality TV’

Me too – never watched any reality TV in my whole life. Not a single moment of it.

But I don’t live under a rock, and Hopkins is an unpleasant fact of life, even though I’ve not sought her out, and some of us are utterly baffled by the extent to which Chewkw has claimed ignorance of her existence – it hardly seems possible to be at the same time online and yet that “off the grid” with regard to what’s going on in the world.

The point, however, is that he has gone to great lengths to “contribute” to this thread, while admitting it’s a topic he knows absolutely nothing about.

What in God’s name is that about?

Isn’t that a species of trolling? It is to me.

keithr
    Free Member

That is a very good rule. And in this case I would just be ignoring them or walking away.

Yep, but when you’re on a conversation because you want to contribute, is it fair that you have to bend to accommodate the wilfully peculiar conduct of others?

There’s something to be said for calling out disruptive behaviour on a forum.

Edukator
    Free Member

WTF! What is that? What’s this shite about “Happy & Merry Holiday”?

I could not believe my ears when that girl said it at the end of the H&M tv ad … that girl looks familiar but I can’t remember who she is now. Think I might have seen here somewhere on news before … hmmm …

What’s happening or has it happened already?

Can’t you say Merry Xmas? Merry XXX-mas? Merry Satanic-mas? Merry this or happy that anymore?

See that. Correct use of tenses, articles, the question form, just one typo. A post critical of a TV presenter’s English from someone who plays at writing pseudo-foreign English. Because that’s the way I see it, he’s taking the Micky out of foreign accents and linguistic tics which is pretty xenophobic whilst claiming to be a legal alien – who can vote in British elections. There are too many contradictions in Chewkw’s Internet persona. I called toll a long time back, he’s either his immigrant community’s worst possible ambassador or someone who hates immigrants (I could write a long list of other things he hates here, there are a couple in the above quote), or both.

Edit: Google says Hopkins is the female version of Clarkson if I’ve read it right.

keithr
    Free Member

Proves he watches more than just the BBC, too..!

😉

Google says Hopkins is the female version of Clarkson if I’ve read it right.

Honestly, she’s orders of magnitude worse.

Cougar

Google says Hopkins is the female version of Clarkson if I’ve read it right.

Clarkson is a non-PC relic from a previous generation (or at least, his public persona is).

Hopkins is a vicious, nasty piece of work who has no qualms about saying horrible things about individuals or groups of people (or at least, her public persona is).

Her latest comment (and the reason she got ejected from LBC, if we might veer dangerously back on topic for a moment) was suggesting that we need a “final solution” after the Manchester bombing. She’s previously commented on the US blocking a Muslim family from entering the country on a family holiday to Disneyland – “I wouldn’t let that lot in either.” She’s been sued more than once for libel / defamation. And there’s no doubt plenty more.

Clarkson is offensive in a sort of “embarrassing Uncle telling inappropriate jokes after a couple of sherries” kind of way. Hopkins is offensive in a “why is she still at liberty” kind of way.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Clarkson is a non-PC relic from a previous generation (or at least, his public persona is).

Hopkins is a vicious, nasty piece of work who has no qualms about saying horrible things about individuals or groups of people (or at least, her public persona is).

Absolutely this.

Although the public Jeremy Clarkson is a borderline throbber, he’s not stepped over the threshold from non-PC denim wearing dinosaur into full blown trying to exploit disadvantaged people for cynical gain in the way that Katie Hopkins has.

You can absolutely say with certainty that Hatey Plopkins is merely airing opinions she doesn’t actually believe in for notoriety and publicity, but her tweets and Daily Heil columns are taken seriously by too many people who don’t have the wit to understand that Plopkins is exploiting their right wing outrage for her own personal gain. But the moment she refers to refugees as “cockroaches” and suggests machine gunning them in their boats, then she’s gone too far. Freedom of speech is a thing, but it exists within the boundaries of law. Hatey Plopkins also fails the Burke vs Bonham Carter test too.

dannyh
    Free Member

It does make you wonder what conversations she has with her kids.

“Did you have a good day, Mum?”

“Well, I took advantage of a tragedy to further my own fame and notoriety by hinting that genocide against a large part of the world population was an answer. I then lied and pretended not to know what the ‘Final Solution’ means as I thought it might put my future earning potential in doubt.”

“Oh, er cool. Is Asma still alright to come round for tea on Thursday?”

“Er, that might not be such a good idea”.

aracer
    Free Member

Who?

AlexSimon

Who?

lol. Obviously as well known as Ronnie.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/I1ocV8RHGas[/video]

deadkenny
    Free Member

angeldust – Member 

Yep, the country is full of complete racist, selfish, compassionless ****.

No, not **completely** full, but undeniably a sizeable minority exists. [/quote]

About 26% of the population (or 37% of the electorate, or 52% of those who actually voted) 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

She’s vile, and should be locked in a trunk and sent to the bottom of the Mariana trench, but she probably appeals to those who vote UKIP and read the Daily Fail, so others are just as complicit.

yeah but the problem is that shit floats!!

whether she says the things she says because she truly believes it or for popularity/notoriety doesnt matter to me….she’s a nasty piece of work…both inside and out

frankconway

A thought about Chewkw.
    It’s a public persona created by a third party for comic effect.
    Think of Count Arthur Strong – he’s the public persona but his creator Steve Delaney is never seen and doesn’t comment.
    I’ve allowed myself to swap a couple of posts with him/her/it but then move on.
    I’m surprised at how posters get dragged into protracted exchanges with the Chewkw.
    FWIW I think the chat forum would be diminished if it was a Chewkw free zone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

IMHO he bring nothing but gibberish to the table
    He is not funny ,not incisive ,rarely understandable and too long to be easily avoided on a thread so all hail the kill file

I dont like Count arthur strong either

frankconway

Minor difference of opinion then Junkyard.

igm

I thought we established Chewkw was a trustafarian from the home counties months ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 201 through 237 (of 237 total)

The topic ‘Hopkins sacked from LBC’ is closed to new replies.