Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • hope/stans custom wheels?
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

The custom wheel builder has disappeared off crc, wanted some hope/flow mk3, boost front and standard rear? Anywhere else to look? Seem to be failing to find anywhere which does custom builds and has stock!

robbie
    Free Member

Try your local bike shop?
    Ive just specked crest and hope pro 4’s. just waiting on the price but I don’t think there will be much ££ in it. between local hand built and machine built.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles?

marc
    Free Member
    jsync
    contrakid
    Free Member

Anyone have any idea why CRC and Merlin custom wheel builds have gone?
    A bit strange

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Put an order in at the local shop myself, maybe save £20 online, but got to keep the local shops running
    And I’m a tight Yorkshireman

clubby

contrakid – Member
    Anyone have any idea why CRC and Merlin custom wheel builds have gone?
    A bit strange

Easier and more profitable to sell complete factory wheel sets. In the old days you only got a good quality set of wheels from a custom build, but now there’s plenty of choice in ready made, ready to ship wheels. Building a set of hand built wheels takes time and experience. Nowadays lots of people expect next day delivery and aren’t prepared to wait on anything. I guess the OP is the same, as he’s looking for custom AND in stock.

As mentioned, go to your lbs and speak to them. Will take longer, but you can have whatever you want built any way you want it.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Crc say they have taken it off whilst changing warehouses and it will be back towards the end of the year. Happy to support my lbs but I was hoping to get a set sorted quick plus crc was a good price with extra 10% off, down to about 370. Quite a lot cheaper! Other option is superstar who have a good deal on but non boost which means spending an extra £100 on the forks.

jakehinton
    Free Member

I’ll try cyclefast, hadn’t seen them

jeffl

Try 18 bikes I hear they build a good wheel.

jonnyrockymountain

Dave at cyclefast

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘hope/stans custom wheels?’ is closed to new replies.