Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hopefully the first of very many…
  • Smarty
    Free Member

Having had a very poor 2010 in terms of riding I have made a new year resolution to get well into riding again and maybe do a couple of events this year. Had a couple of hours out today around a few quiet lanes.
    Anybody else got out of the habit of riding and hoping to make ammends in 2011?

rob2
    Free Member

Me! My bikes were largely a museum last year following arrival of rob jr in the spring. Starting with the spam winter challenge tomorrow.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, mostly running last year. Picked up the pace a bit in December, but really need to get on it more. Thing is that means more driving or moving.

andytherocketeer

Forced my self to go on a 1/1/11 ride… (really do need to get fit again)

Creaky snow today…

_tom_
    Free Member

Thing is that means more driving or moving.

Yep same here, it’s why I don’t mtb as much as I would like to as petrol is bloody expensive again (and I hate getting up at silly o’clock to go riding). Going to join a local club to see if they know of any good local stuff but as it’s East Midlands I doubt we have anything worthwhile!

Smarty
    Free Member

Forced my self to go on a 1/1/11 ride… (really do need to get fit again)

Bet it felt good to be out though, it certainly did for me. I’m liking the snow pics

Jamie
    Free Member

Going to join a local club to see if they know of any good local stuff but as it’s East Midlands I doubt we have anything worthwhile!

In Peterborough mate, so feel your pain. Several times I have thought just get a road bike instead, but would have to sell the MTB to fund it and just cannot bring myself to do it.

Yet.

_tom_
    Free Member

In Peterborough mate, so feel your pain. Several times I have thought just get a road bike instead, but would have to sell the MTB to fund it and just cannot bring myself to do it.

Yet.

ha, I gave in a few months ago and bought a road bike, it’s great for riding in the week especially when the weather is nicer. Problem is I now feel like I need to change it for a “proper” geared one.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tom, out of interest what did you go for/how much did it cost?

_tom_
    Free Member

Specialized Langster, good introduction to road biking as its been no hassle at all apart from the forks flex a bit if you have bad climbing technique like I do. £225 posted off ebay, bit of a bargain really.

Jamie
    Free Member

*heads to eBay*

_tom_
    Free Member

I should mention it took me about a month of tedious trawling to find one for that price 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

I am assuming it will take about a month for all those people who bought flashy bikes to get fit for their new year resolutions to start selling them, rather than have them collect dust, anyways* 8)

*I really should punctuate/structure that sentence better, but cannot be bothered.

rOcKeTdOg

i decided i’d take a picture every ride last year and record the mileage, i found it helped a lot to motivate me during the year
    and i ended up doing 3 times as much as the year before, now i have the goal of beating 2010’s total
    group on flickr here http://www.flickr.com/groups/1272271@N20/
    and i also blogged it too http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.com/

Alex

Nice one RD, like that.

Out today. Out Monday. Been out Tue, Wed, Fri last week.

But I’d hate to start riding Jan 1. Worse time of the year. Definitely easier if you’ve people to ride with. Used to hate night riding, but love it now.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Last year I think I made it out a total of about 3 times (well… perhaps a few more than that… but not many).

2011 is (hopefully) going to be a lot better. I am thinking I will get a new bike at some stage this year to try and help with the motivation, but will try and get started on the old Marin hard tail.

Still not met any riders locally so will be out scouring the Ride the Lakes board, and perhaps hassling the Boggies at some point later in the year (for the first few months weekends and Wednesday nights are going to be more or less fully booked up) to try and rectify that situation! T’other half will be moving over in Spring so I won’t be either entertaining or visiting Chesterfield every weekend (although the arrival of a sprog in late Spring may scupper 2011 if I don’t watch out!)

fastindian
    Free Member

ME! injury few months ago, first decent ride tommorw 😀

Smarty
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg, lol, I subcribed to that flikr group months ago and only done a few commutes since so I never got round to posting a pic.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I didn’t ride much last year at all, it is to change though.
    I have just 1 bike at the moment, the second one will happen soon-ish hopefully. Nothing exciting round here but a muddy slippery and river-waters-befriending ride is just 2 miles away. Some cheeky trails too. Need to regain any sort of technique I might have had before I moved to Eire (no proper off-road for over a year now), won’t be much but always a start.

squin
    Free Member

Yeah, me too, I must have only riddenoff road 6 times last year. Hoping 2011 will be very different. Put new froks and a new front tyre on today, looking forward to getting out more. Also hoping to ride to work quite a lot this year when the days get a bit longer.

_tom_
    Free Member

I am assuming it will take about a month for all those people who bought flashy bikes to get fit for their new year resolutions to start selling them, rather than have them collect dust, anyways*

Yep I’m hoping I’ll be able to pick up a “new years resolution” bargain on a geared roadie 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hopefully the first of very many…’ is closed to new replies.