Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hopefully a new bike soon….
  • HairyHarry
    Free Member

Hi

After saving hard for a year, I’m nearly there to buy a new bike. I enjoy XC and the odd enduro so going for a Cannondale Rush.

I currently ride a Horst Link ’05 Turner 5Spot, which has been great fun, but its time for a change.

The thing is I’m trying to decide what price to sell it at. Its an XL frame, resprayed in a lovely blue. Chris King hubs and headset, mainly the latest XT with XTR shifters, Thomson post and stem, Hope M4 Mono brakes, Fox Vanilla 130 RLC forks and well maintained. Thinking around £1300, is this reasonable?

Or do people think I’m bonkers to go for a Rush and sell the Spot?

Many thanks

z1ppy

I know the guy across from me replaced his Prophet with a 5 Spot (though he still has the prophet), and believe the 5 spot is a better climber than the c’dale.
    I’d imagine the Rush can be built as a lighter ‘overall’ package for not a lot of money compared to the Turner.

Personnaly I’d do what this lad has done and just buy another bike, keeping the orignial… in fact thats the reason I have 4 bikes & counting.

HairyHarry
    Free Member

Many thank z1ppy. In an ideal world I would probably do that. However, I live in a small flat and have no room for two bikes, oh well. I’m in no rush and still enjoy riding the Turner.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d love a Rush. Has the cable routing issue been solved?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I think you’ll generally have a lot more success by splitting a bike for sale. My 5Spot (medium) will also be for sale soon and I’ll definitely be taking it apart to sell…complete bikes just don’t seem to go for much. Incidentally, I might be interested in your wheels if you’re splitting it :-).

HairyHarry
    Free Member

Splitting the bike isn’t a bad idea at all, cheers. Will let you know about the wheels, so long as you don’t mind blue hubs, if I seperate. cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hopefully a new bike soon….’ is closed to new replies.