• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by grey.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope xc wheels
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Any good as a trail wheel (I say trail more like xc/trail centre) ?

Or is a custom hope hub Easton arc wheel build better other than the initial cost being a negative ?

On a 29er , I weigh 95kg approx.

bigblackshed

Depending on how hard you ride, whether you skip over and around just plough through stuff, I’d be tempted to go with the Enduro rim rather than the XC.

But if you are thinking of the Easton rims and think they would be up to the job then the XC would be strong enough for your type of riding.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am more of a mincer , preffering to pick my way through rather than blast across stuff. Hardest riding I do is trail centres but mostly local stuff in non rocky area. However have a few plans to get out n about next year further afield on natural stuff.

Basically new bike has dt swiss m1900 wheels which seem reasonable on paper but I see they have a weight limit of 110kg, so am a little worried. Me+bike+gear is near that certainly

grey

That weight limit is about right, I used to be about that weight when I had my XC’s, the front wheel lasted one uplift day at Innerleithen and the rim had to be replaced.
    They really are just an XC rim.
    I then bought a set of enduros and I’ve had them about 18months, they really are tough. I’ve really abused them and I’ve not even had to true them yet.
    I badly cased a gap jump yesterday, dropping the rear wheel into the gap and it’s still fine.
    Go for the enduros.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope xc wheels’ is closed to new replies.