Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HOPE XC Rachet Ring Replacement?
  • smiffy

Anyone know how or who can do it?

Cheers.

coatesy
    Free Member

Hope.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

indeed – hope did one in a big un hub for me

smiffy

Right-o.

can it be done in the wheel, or do need to strip it down and just send in the hub?

Thanks lads.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mine was done on a complete wheel.

smiffy

That’s handy to know and save a job, cheers.

coatesy
    Free Member

Yep,hub needs to be built into a wheel.

messiah
    Free Member

Needs to be built into a wheel and sent to Hope. Mine needed done every two years.

duncan

Not all models need to be built into a wheel. I had an old Sport (which became the XC) and BULB done last year and they both went in hub only. I presume they bolt the disc mounts to something. Brilliant service as ever, fast and very cheap. Call them up to find out for sure whether it needs to be built up, if it’s not in a wheel which is otherwise ok.

tandemwarriors

Yep, call them, they’ll ask you to fill in a service form (on their website) and send ’em the wheel. Usually couple of days turn-round, and a very reasonable cost too.
    Our big ‘un from the tandem was so knackered that their tool couldn’t engage in the (almost non-existant) teeth and unscrew it. They sent it back, I attacked it with a dremel, chisel and other sharp tools and removed it. They were so impressed they sent me a new ratchet ring and pawls free of charge 🙂

Very nice people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HOPE XC Rachet Ring Replacement?’ is closed to new replies.