Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope xc hubs
  • biglaaad
    Free Member

Help, I’ve just got some hope xc hubs on mavic 717 rims I won on eBay, they are quick release , I have a 2009 specialized rockhopper comp 26er!! Will I have to do a lot of mods???? It has the right number of bolt holes for the disc, I hope I ant jumped in with two feet???? Just got excited when seeing the word (hope) and I was looking to upgrade , cheers

Clobber
    Free Member

You can’t change the XC hubs they are QR only

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you have quick release wheels which im pretty sure you do then they are a top buy.

far better than the pro 2s that replaced them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soma_rich
    Free Member

Looks like the 09 Rockhopper was QR so your fine.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/rockhopper-comp-disc-2009-mountain-bike-ec016419#features
    What worried you?

cp

I’d be amazed if an 09 rockhopper had anything other than QR front and back- they should just drop straight on to the new bike.

They are an old hub though and you can’t convert the axles to other standards if you want to in the future.

That said, they are very reliable. My 2002 set are still going strong with weekly use now, used to be daily use for years.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Hope still supply the springs and paws for those older hubs just not shells or ti hub bodies

You will need to adjust the brakes and rear gears but apart from that should fit fine

biglaaad
    Free Member

Thanks every1!!! Phewwww!!!! Why do I need to adjust the brakes n gears??? Amateur!!!! Ha ha thanks again lads, I’ve heard they are a good hub, the rear is titanium n meant to b lighter too!!!! Just need stronger legs now!!!

cp

Why do I need to adjust the brakes n gears???

Regardless of what the disc standard says, the disc mounts on the hubs are always slightly different, so your caliper is unlikely to perfectly fit centrally over the disc on the hope hub compared to your existing.

Likewise the position of the cassette is highly unlikely to be in exactly the same position as the old one, so the gear indexing and mech end stops will need adjusting.

biglaaad
    Free Member

Blimey!!! U lads know your stuff!!!! I should listen more!! All I do is pedal!!! This forums brilliant!!! Thanks again!!

biglaaad
    Free Member

Blimey!!! U lads know your stuff!!!! I should listen more!! All I do is pedal!!! This forums brilliant!!! Thanks again!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope xc hubs’ is closed to new replies.