Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope XC feehub bearings.
  • cakefacesmallblock

Before I dismantle my freehub and be unable to ride my bike for a day or two. Please can someone tell me what bearings I need for the freehub ? I imagine 6001 / 2rs but dont want to cock it up !
    Also is it a fairly straight forward process to push old ones out and replace. I can see a “spacer ” between bearings, which moves aside, do I simply tap ot the bearings with this in place ? For the first one at least ?

Yours, amateurishly competent and willing to learn !

z1ppy

[Opps make that] 4 x 6001 2RS bearings

Exploded diagram of hub which suggest 3 bearing but shows 4…

Guide

I’d maybe phone your LBS and see if they have any pawls/springs in stock, as the springs tend to fall apart when removed (not always, but if your rushed…).

richmtb

Yeah they are 6001 bearings.

Exactly like you said, drift one side out with the spacer in place. You can then take the spacer out and drift out the other bearing.

cakefacesmallblock

Gents, Thank you, very much ! I’ll get them ordered.

(edit) Axle bearings seem fine, but didn’t want to ride much more on the freehub as it’s gone very rough ! I’ll do them all whilst I’m at it though.

nbt

remember there’s a circlip holding the bearings in the freehub

z1ppy

and the patented NBT tip (IIRC), of putting an old rotor bolt (or any small bolt) into the end of the axle, so you can bash at it properly (required) without damaging the axle.

nbt

😀

coatesy
    Free Member

Don’t get the two spacers mixed up either, shorter one goes inside the freehub.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope XC feehub bearings.’ is closed to new replies.