Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HOPE X2 Brakes Attaching to XT I-spec shifters–impossible??
  • proberts
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve just got new X2 brakes which I’m trying to attach to my XT I-spec shifters…I’ve done a bit of research and from what I can gather either I can use the XTR mount and it’ll be easy-peasy or other threads say it’s completely impossible.
    It looks like I can simply undo the silver I-spec mount and bolt the XTR matchmaker clamp in its place??….my shifters have M780 on them (no i) but they were bought as I-spec, not converted.
    If anyone could shed some light on this I’d be gratefull

Cheers, Paul

GolfChick
    Free Member

no idea but if you decide you dont want the ipsec tops im after a set for my xtr shifters 🙂 or if ya wanna swap for standard tops 🙂

MSP

mr_stru

I’ve just done this with a set of XTR shifters and it seems to have worked fine. I followed the instructions on the wee leaflet that came with the matchmaker clamps and all was well.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Go to the Hope support page and ping them an email. Always very helpful and you’ll get an answer within a couple of hours

proberts
    Free Member

Thanks guys and girls, a bike shop fairly close to me has some XTR clamps so I’m gonn a try them, if they don’t work I could be up for a swap golfchick, I’ll update later

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HOPE X2 Brakes Attaching to XT I-spec shifters–impossible??’ is closed to new replies.