Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hope x2 brakes
  • bi6al
    Free Member

anyone have these or used them my mate has just bought a set and is not happy with them they seem to lack bite . they have been bled correctly and fitted correctly but just dont seem to bite ? any tips are we doing anything wrong/ all help appreciated.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nah….thats how they am,subtle like.

hugh_b
    Free Member

I have them, mine took a while to bed in properly but are now pretty good. To be honest i’ve always liked hope stuff and quite like a bit of modulation and not too much on/off.

Have the callipers been centred over the disk correctly etc?

Hugh

bi6al
    Free Member

yep calipers all centred up, alignment all good even tried using a shimano rotor but we found that the shimano rotor was not as thick as hope rotors.
    just need to give them time to bed in then i suppose.

Jason
    Free Member

I have used Tech X2 and Race X2 brakes, when set up properly both work well. However I have found that both pads need to hit the rotor at the same time for them to be effective, if they don’t they can feel soft. Have a look at the setup video on Hopes webpage. Also there is a final stage of the bleeding shown on the video that is important.

jordie
    Free Member

that sounds about right for x2`s wait for the lever to bars moments too 😕 it happened twice to me last year

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

worth looking at, individual reports are at the bottom http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/how-we-test-hydraulic-disc-brakes-24345

duir
    Free Member

Did you bleed them with the bite and reach adjusters all the way out? Did you do the lever facing down bit then re-fill the master cylinder? Also I think it’s easier to align the calliper with the pads removed and get it spot on. Then take time to tweak the pads so they are biting at the same time. Then ride a longish descent dragging the brakes lightly and at the end pour water on the pads. With a little patience the Hope techs are very powerful and reliable.

I have had the X2s, M4s and 2s and all have been superb and once setup need hardly any attention, just the occasional bleed.

Finally I found the goodridge pads to be a good bit better than the stock hope ones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hope x2 brakes’ is closed to new replies.