Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope X2 brake hose replacement
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Just bought some secondhand X2 brakes, but the rear hose is a little too short. I’ve changed Shimanos and Avids before, but…. is there a specific kit i need to buy or can i reuse the fittings on the hoses i have at the moment?

Is it worth upgrading to the Goodridge hoses? and… can i use the same hope fittings i already have with the goodridge hose? or do i need to buy the full kit?

All advice very much appreciated, i’ve watched the bleed videos from Hope (faffy as hell) – so am prepared for the nonsense of the bleed 🙂

Cheers

Ricks

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why not get a replacement length of hose for a hope and a couple of olives? IIRC you can reuse all the other fittings.
    Or you could spend £30+ on a goodridge kit. I rate them, but they are a bit pricey these days.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The olives are also reusable. All the same fittings can be used with the Hope braided hose too, so maybe check eBay for hose-only deals. Braided hoses do give a slightly cleaner lever feel, especially on rear brakes where there’s a lot of hose. Whether or not that small improvement is worth the cost is between you and your wallet.

huw
    Free Member

Don’t you ride for http://www.thebikemechanic.co.uk? Why can’t you ask him?

rickon
    Free Member

Duh.

I’m ill huw, not thinking straight 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope X2 brake hose replacement’ is closed to new replies.