Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope vision r4… opinions please
  • sam3000

Jut how good are the hope vision 4 lights??

I have a magicshine mj880 that is a year old and i’m wanting a back up/ replacement.

What are your general thoughts/ ideas regards the r4 please share!!!

goodgrief
    Free Member

very even and broad beam spread but there’s not much power available, when the speed picks up there’s not enough to light up the trail

Simon

I don’t know how the beam compares to a mj880 but the R4 has a big even flood, good on the bars, doesn’t penetrate far when used on a helmet (although that’s where mine is mounted). Battery life is very good and it’s a well made well waterproofed package, plus Hope warranty and customer service.
    I got a big discount on mine, at that price there’s better options never mind full rrp.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    goodgrief
    Free Member

Mine is on the bars just to flood a couple of metres ahead of the front wheel.
    If spending that much I would look at the gloworm x2.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I have one, it’s very nicely made and gives a nice even spread of light, however as others have said it doesn’t offer much penetration. I suspect you may be disappointed if you’re after something as bright at the MJ880.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got one, bar mounted and I really rate it

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve got one but use it mainly for running and its fantastic with a good secure headstrap and a very broad even spread of light. However, it might not have enough reach for mtb compared to other options.

Anyhow, why would you want to buy a ‘premium’ brand as a back up to a ‘budget’ brand?

Why not just buy another Magicshine or other suitable light for bar/helmet depending on which mounting you don’t normally use?

sam3000

I considered buying another magic shine. I’m swaying towards magicshine again but I really like hope’s build quality and customer service/ warranty- not that I’ve had any negative experiences with magicshine, they have been great.

I wouldn’t be using it as a back up , more a second light, putting the m.shine on my helmet and hope on the bars. Thanks for your feedback.

Goldigger
    Free Member

£150 from halfords at the moment

paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve got one and really don’t rate it at all! Great build quality but very limited light throw. Up here on the Lake District trails at night even with a full moon I have to supplement the light with an Exposure Diablo.

If I was buying now I’d go for the Exposure Equinox

Waderider
    Free Member

…..but after a few years you’ll wish you’d bought lumicycle.

Northwind

Magicshine’s old MJ-872 is very similiar, cheaper, slightly more focused beam but doesn’t have Hope’s delicate cable. Both really nice to ride by IMO.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision r4… opinions please’ is closed to new replies.