Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Vision One
  • tootallpaul

Evening,

I’m after a small-ish backup light and quite fancy a Hope Vision One- whats the collective verdict?

Cheers all…

P

racing_ralph
    Free Member

big and shit

tootallpaul

Succinct.

Any alternatives?

The exposure joystick is a little pricey for me.

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    tootallpaul

Was my other choice, but I’d rather something self contained really.

Though the USB one is very tempting, it’s about half the lumens of the Hope.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Niterider measure there luemn output whereas hope quote the theoretical maximum without taking into consideration the lense or the heat effects. Both probably look about the same

markd
    Free Member

Rob gets it right!

NR are the only manufacturer to measure their lights.

The rest talk pish.

markd
    Free Member

Oh and the MInewt USB is brighter and burns longer and has better beam pattern than the hope or USE.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Err, not that big and not that shit 😉

I like it, stopped using my hid in preference to the Hope because it made night riding scary again. If you ride very technical stuff or with people who have 10000000 lumens, YMMV. Easy to fit, AAs mean you can have whatever runtime you want. My only gripe is the inserts used on the mount have to be swopped between 27.2 and OS bars, must find a rubber strip. And make sure you threadlock the mount bolt.

tootallpaul

Cheers Guys…

May have to rethink the Niterider. Love the idea of charging off the laptop.

Already have a Vision 2 for proper nightriding usage- this is just the commuting light/backup. Judging from the pics the Minewt will fairly dissapear in the bag…

takisawa2

1 of THESE
    1 of THESE
    1 of THESE
    1 of THESE

My mate has a Vision1. Well made but pretty heavy & the beam is narrow. You’d struggle with one as your only light source off-road. The P7 above is at least 3 times as bright. You’ll get just over an hour on full power, switch between modes & you’ll be looking at 2 hours +.
    I’ve been using two of them since October with no issues.

nickc

It’s a bit narrow, but it’s not massively restrictive. easy to live with, what with regular re-chargeable batteries.

AlasdairMc

If it’s just for a backup, why has no-one mentioned the Tesco torch? £8 and easily good enough to get you home if your main/expensive light fails.

adey205
    Free Member

have got 2, 1 bar mounted,other helmet. kept me going over winter no problem.
    just make sure you get decent batteries

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision One’ is closed to new replies.