Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope vision 4 finally has enough abuse, time for an upgrade?
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

My 4 year old vision 4 has developed a faulty connection (Yes I’ll send it to them to have a look at). These days however it compares poorly to modern LEDs, for example I’ve got a single LED Leyzene light that is a lot brighter albeit in a narrower beam.
    How does the latest Vision 4 compare brightness wise to my older one? I’ve got two Epic battery packs and it’d be a shame to waste them, but are the connectors still the same?

I’ve been super impressed with the construction of my Hope, it’s withstood 4 winters of serious use and survived many crashes, I’m sure a new lead will see it carry on for years more, but LED technology improves so much each year.

Northwind

Is there not a Trout vision 4 upgrade option?

The current Hopes have earned a bit of a rep for breaking cables and bad connectors… in true Hope form, they’ll replace the ropey part very quickly and without any fuss, with an identical ropey part 😉 But it’s a nice wee light, maybe a bit pricey but not outrageous for the name lights.

I’d be looking at the quality end of the far eastern imports meself.

mrelectric

I’ve swapped out the LEDs for some Cutter Crees that are brighter lower power etc but not got round to changing the current limit resistor accordingly yet. Its got good mechanics & decent optics so worth upgrading.

I’ve supplemented it with a single MTBBattries &.or DX lamps.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimw
    Free Member

I have had my Vision 4 upgraded by trout and he sorted the connectors for me as well. Very well worth while doing for the price provided the battery pack is still up to it. Had it for over a year and has much higher output than R4, lasts almost as long on a charge with higher light output, still very waterproof and totally reliable. It has a good spread pattern.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision 4 finally has enough abuse, time for an upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.