Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Vision 4 battery – cable coming out!
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Anyone dealt with this problem before?

the cable on my Vision 4 battery is pulling out of the unit so no longer waterproof so I’m worried it might malfunction.

Can’t see how you can get inside the thing to feed the cable back in – any help out there?

😳

cooie

Phone Hope. Great customer service. Fixed my light unit Foc, which was out of warranty.

bigG
    Free Member

Contact Hope and see if they’ll sort you out. Over the years I’ve sent a number of batteries and lights back to them. They have always repaired and returned them in super quick fashion. This has always been done for free, regardless of the age of the unit.

Be honest with them, if its your ham fistedness thats damaged it, tell them. They’ll probably still do it for nothing.

ps include a packet of Haribo in the packaging when you return it to them.

footflaps

Had this happen on mine, just fixed it myself. Seems a pretty rubbish design, as the sealing / strain relief on the cable is piss-poor.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Another vote for sending it to Hope. Last year my Vision 4 suffered an electrical glitch so I posted it off on a Saturday morning and it was back the following Wednesday fixed FOC. Great service considering my light was over 2 years old at the time.

hughjengin
    Free Member

+1 for contacting Hope, ace customer service. Dont even bother about trying to fib about the age or usage. Its my experience with them that if you are honest and decent, if they can help you out with their products they will.

Clong
    Free Member

Ditto being honest with them, friend sent his light back after the cable pulled out of the head unit and he went to town with a solder iron and properly stuffed the PCB. Fixed free of charge by hope.

rickon
    Free Member

Defo Hope contact – I have an issue with a battery on my R4, and mentioned it may be an issue with the charger through elimination. Without a question they’re sending me a new charger to try out first.

Lovely chaps.

Northwind

Hope’ll sort it. The lights can be a bit flakey frankly but the customer service really is good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 4 battery – cable coming out!’ is closed to new replies.