Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Vision 2 connector broke – what next?
  • AlasdairMc

I’ve got a Hope Vision 2, bought in 2006, with one of the three pin connectors between light and battery. For the second time one of the pins has rusted and fallen out, making the light unusable. Will Hope replace the connector of the light, battery and charger for one of the new ones, or am I best cutting my losses and getting something new?

If the latter, any recommendations? I want about 300 lumens (or more if 300 is now obsolete) relatively lightweight and preferably portable across bikes without the hassle of the Hope stem mount.

Al

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Call hope and see. Generally good at sorting stuff out.

As for replacement
    http://www.ayup-lights.com/
    V4 Adventure Set – 2 Twin Lamps loads of mounts light easy to use build quality is good and the service is as good as hope. 500+Lumens per lamp set (use 2 together) Each lamp set allows you to point the lights in different directions too.
    Still have a UK depot I think too. (Did when I dealt with them last year) They offer periodic lamp upgrades (this year was new lamps at cost)

163g for the full setup on the helmet isn’t bad either.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I had an issue with my vision 4s and everyone said contact hope. In the end I fixed it myself. Advice suggests hope’s customer service is good but failing that it’s easy to change the connector. Trip to Maplin?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

Maplin might be in order as Hope have replaced the connector once before. Thanks.

tomaso
    Free Member

You can contact Troutie on the forum and get it supercharged with 2 Cree XML LEDs and some new drovers, switch and leads and get circa 800-1200 lumens. Hope sell a regular bar quick release for £8.
    My light being Guinea Pig on Trouties workbench
    Mine is working just lovely and better than it ever was and all for £70.

rocketman
    Free Member

My Vision 2 is ancient and developed an intermittent problem but Hope sorted it out and turned it round in just two days, all completely foc

That was last October it’s been fine ever since.

Hope Service Dept = legend give them a ring.

jimw
    Free Member

+1 for the Trout upgrade. Well worthwhile

cb

Hope will see you right – they always do. That’s why I buy stuff of theirs. However, when my vision 2 dies it will certainly be off to Mr Trout!

nixie

If hope don’t sort it buy one of the new style connection cables and cut it in half, then replace the cable in the batter with one part and the light with the other.

You can buy the connectors separately,however they are hard to find and expensive (I got lucky last year and got some in a clearance deal).

Troutie has used them in the past so might also be able to repair.

Having said that I suspect hope will repair it for you.

trout
    Free Member

AlasdairMC
    do you have the stem plate with the mount for an oversize bars I have been trying to get one for a while now.

Hope refused to sell me some cables for the visions to use for repairs for some reason .

But I do have a few of the extension cables in stock now .
    Got plenty of bits for the upgrades in stock .

AlasdairMc

I do have that plate. It is a bit worn around the battery through movement. I’ll have a chat with Hope though to see what can be done with it.

eshershore
    Free Member

My Hope Vision 2 has been back to Hope 4 times now, all for problems relating to the connector between the lamp and the battery

basically, the connector is unreliable, and gives a faulty connection that makes the light difficult to charge

you think you have charged the battery, only to have it fail 20 minutes into a night ride (or even commute..)

Hope have been excellent on every occasion, (and replaced the battery FOC on the 3rd return) and I cannot fault their service. However, if it goes back for a 5th return I am thinking there is something flawed with their connector, I would probably sell the light cheap to cash convertors and put the money to a cheap MagicShine unit?

eshershore
    Free Member

double post, please ignore.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve tried to get a stem plate from Hope and they don’t do them anymore or have any in stock 🙁 Hopefully the one I have will keep going….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

My Hope Vision2s and batteries have been back to Hope several times for new connectors, despite being 7 years old now. Never had a problem, customer service is ace, always fixed and returned foc within a day or 2.

+1 for the Toutie upgrade too 🙂

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hope service is exemplary – a rarity these days!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 2 connector broke – what next?’ is closed to new replies.