• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Vision 1 as a Helmet Light
  • drofluf
    Free Member

Decided that’s need a helmet light.

I could move my Hope from the bars to my helmet but have read some reviews saying its too heavy. What are people’s experiences?

If not what’s the best helmet light for around £80?

enfht
    Free Member

I use one as a helmet light and dont find it particuarly heavy

Added bonus being the local 99p shop keeps me stocked with cheapo batteries 😀

oldnpastit

It’s quite heavy for putting on your head (and using NiMh rather than Li-ion won’t help). But worse, it’s not actually very bright. The spec says 240 lumens – since getting a proper light I wouldn’t want to go back to that.

A magicshine or similar will be two or three times as bright, lighter, and last longer.

EDIT:
    – Hope vision 1: ~250g on my scales
    – Magicshine knock-off ~ 125g
    – Giro Hex helmet ~ 320g
    – Average human head ~4-5kg (*)

(*) From the internet, not actually weighing one!

enfht
    Free Member

it’s not actually very bright.

My other light is 1000 lumen bar mount and I still find the Hope 1 worthwhile

On balance there are other newer lights around the same price I’d probably opt for now instead

rugbydick

If you go to the Exposure / Use outlet shop, they have 2010 Joysticks for £100

drofluf
    Free Member

If you go to the Exposure / Use outlet shop, they have 2010 Joysticks for £100

Thanks!

Del

or you could buy a yezl xml t6 torch, two 18650 li-ion batteries, and a charger for about 40 quid and have a light that’s brighter than either the hope ( which was outclassed pretty much at launch ) or the current joystick, never mind an old one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 1 as a Helmet Light’ is closed to new replies.