Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope Valley conditions
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

hi all

I’ve got a demo bike booked for this Sunday and will be riding Hope Valley way. At least that’s the plan. Much as I enjoy riding in the snow it’s not going to be a very objective test of the bike if I’m hike-a-biking through snow drifts and slithering on icy patches. So, what are the trails like at the moment?

simon1975

Expecting more snow tonight! But the weekend’s supposed to be warming up so there could be a rapid thaw…

martinhutch

There’s a reasonable dump of snow predicted this afternoon/tonight, and very mild conditions with rain predicted Saturday into Sunday, so it’s going to a hard one to predict what you’ll find on Sunday AM.

hopevalley

roads are clears but plenty of snow on most of the usual trails, Causeway on stanage was over knee deep on Monday/Tuesday.

and as above – more snow due tonight…

I might be out frin Hope later (depending on snow) so will let you know… 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

cheers 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bloody icy this morning! Was sliding all over the place.

simonbowns
    Free Member

I’m reckoning on a thaw by Sunday – muddy!

GavinB

Just passed through Edale enroute to Sheffield. Excuse crappy phone pic.

Pic

flyingmonkeycorps

Planning a wee walk around the Win Hill area tomorrow, I’ll try and remember and report back tomorrow evening.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Morning all. Quite a bit of snow came down Leek way last night. I assume the Hope Valley got a big dump too. Yes?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

About 5″ fell in the night but it’s been raining and the temp is rising now. Forecast is gone by teatime,

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t normally wish away the snow, but got bikes to test tomorrow. Thaw, Godammit, thaw

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Now sunshine, but snow melting very quickly.
    Worth a last blast in the snow – main roads clear side roads snow covered.

flyingmonkeycorps

We left about 3pm this afternoon. Lots of snow (feet in places) around Whinstone Lee Tor and that area of Ladybower. Didn’t see a single bike out. Most of the roads seemed fairly clear, Snake was closed when we arrived but had been ploughed and was open by the time we left. Looked similar over Hope way, but obviously in the distance.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Going to give it a miss methinks. It’s melting quickly, but there’s lots of snow and I reckon it’ll take a few days to clear. Thanks for the updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope Valley conditions’ is closed to new replies.