Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope V4 caliper on an F mount (IS to PM 160 rear)
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Thinking of fitting a V4 on a 160 rotor to the rear of an IS equipped frame. Think I’m right that it needs an F pattern mount.

Can anyone offer any advice? Will the bottom of the caliper clear the mount or will it clash? I know I could use an M4 but I’m looking to minimise spare pads and seals.

Can anyone help?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone?

jonstanley
    Free Member

Oh no, it’s ‘im again! :mrgreen:

A quick Google shows the current M4 being able to use a 160MM rotor with mount F (the calliper just touches the mount):

The leading piston on the V4 is 2mm larger in diameter than the M4. Add say another 1~2mm to the calliper body, the V4 probably extended down by ~3mm compared with the M4. You could probably get away with taking a Dremel to the mount and fettle away some of the material…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for. your google-fu must be stronger than mine as I couldn’t find a pic showing that clearly.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, just twigged who you are on the other forum!
    (waves)

jonstanley
    Free Member

*waves* 😛

Did some crude image overlaying in Photoshop and it “confirmed” a Hope mount F would need to be Dremelled about 3mm to get a V4 to fit a 160mm rotor.

However(!!), the calliper doesn’t exceed past the centre-line of the IS51mm bolts… so this North Shore Billet IS to PM160 adaptor should work as is:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50124

Proof of the pudding would be actually trying it… so you’re still the guinea pig. :mrgreen:

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve given up on the wife’s bike and just ordered her some m4 instead. At least I know they’ll fit. As for my bike, the advantages I though v4 had over the existing v2 seem to be diminishing all the time. Plus they don’t have the funky green bits.

Think I’ll leave it a while. Really appreciate your help though.

winch
    Free Member

Onzadog – What are your impressions of the V4s after riding them for a few months, if you don’t mind me asking?

Edit – Just realised you didn’t get them in the end, doh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope V4 caliper on an F mount (IS to PM 160 rear)’ is closed to new replies.