Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • hope v2 quandary
  • heckler73
    Free Member

eveining all
    this week ive come by a pair of hope v2s , have 2 183 floating rotors, have managed to fit front, but rear another story..
    currently there is a 160 rotor on there, will the 183 work if i purchase a rear hope bracket to extend out more to fix caliper to so it can fit to 183 rotor, i cannot seem to find a smaller rotor ie 160 ish ………..
    heres hoping …….

stevomcd
    Free Member

Very easy – get a new mount from Hope / CRC or you might be able to get a cheaper one via Superstar or similar.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

IIRC Hope don’t do anything less than a 183 rotor for the V2. You want a Hope mount B here

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    watsontony
    Free Member

you have made a mistake. pack the brakes up and send em my way. you need you old brakes back on!

heckler73
    Free Member

thanks for replies, that is what i was thinking, ie mount, just wanted to make sure..
    yeah watson no problem whats your address ? 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

you can use the trials rotor if you want a 160mm v2 on the rear.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Make sure the rotors are proper V2 ones. They should have “V2” etched on them.
    Other Hoep rotors won’t work properly as the V2’s have a bigger braking surface. Not sure if Hope did a 183mm rotor for the V2’s but a 2 minute call to them should clear that up. Give them a bell – they won’t bite.

iain1775
    Free Member

I might have a suitable adapter if it’s IS frame to post disc
    Will look tomorrow if you email ro remind me

heckler73
    Free Member

ordered a mount last night from ch, will see how i get on when it arrives ? thanks ian for offer……………

Onzadog
    Free Member

They do make a 183 v2 rotor, I’ve got them on the back of two bikes.

maurizio
    Free Member

How did it turn out? I’m in the same place+my forks are 165mm max… Xc grr. What makes the trial version suitable?

ruscle
    Free Member

Deeper braking surface on the disc rotor and not a floating rotor. Problem with the normal floating rotor’s is the rivits catch on the callipers.

maurizio
    Free Member

Presumable you could use any decent rotor with a fairly deep breaking surface then, its odd that hope dont offer 160 rotor for the v2 considering the oddles of power they have! 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

They have oodles of power because they are aimed at downhilling
    Can’t understand why you would want to run them with a 160 rotor personally, get lighter smaller calipers with a 180 instead
    I have them on my trail bike with 180 rotors front and back, brilliant brakes

maurizio
    Free Member

I know, I was merely concerned they’d be overkill.. But hey means I can go faster break latrr. Although smaller calipers? i’ll bite. Calipers stay the same, they’re the casing of the pistons no? None the less, ok ill run a 185 (is that possible, they only offer 183 – argh so m an y options) and how do you know if the track is deep enough?! I’ve heard you can run x2 pads then any rotor.. Hereasay? hehe 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘hope v2 quandary’ is closed to new replies.