Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope this week is better than last week
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Monday – Car Shock absorber died, oil over wheelarch, handles like its a stone skimming across the road.
    Wednesday – Mum taken into hospital after struggling for over a week with some lurgy she brought back from Morocco. Massively dehydrated to the point of being close to renal failure. Eeek!
    Friday – Garage ordered the wrong car parts so couldn't get the car sorted on sat. FFS
    Saturday – Our washing machine packed up.

Oh what i fun week that was, im feeling completely frazzled this morning.
    On the plus side, mum hopefully getting discharged from hospital later today.

Lets hope this week is better!

Thanks for listening!

Pook

The first email I saw this morning was that my DX light has been shipped.

😀

(hope your week starts as well)

chvck
    Free Member

Hope your weeks go well! 🙂 I've started mine with some form of stomach bug 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

You username is quite appropriate then chvck!

Mum not getting out today, she's now anaemic for some reason not directly related to the lurgy. Investigations continue…….

On the plus side my pedals from classifieds turned up after 2 weeks of waiting and the car bits are now at the dealers to collect.

And the sun is once again shining.

oddjob
    Free Member

Me too
    Monday found out that youngest son has yet another rare genetic condition requiring part of his large intestine to be removed
    Dreadful week at work
    Trying to sort out what to do about when/how we will deal with Jnr being in hospital etc.

Looking better now though, more details about the op and work getting sorted out again

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that OJ. Must be a parents' worst nightmare and frankly puts all our other 'minor' problems in the shade.
    Hope it all goes well.

Bigyinn: Hope your Mum's getting better – why do these things seem to arrive at the same time 😐

StuF

OJ – is that Hirrshprungs (spelling?) – good luck and hope it works out ok for him

oddjob
    Free Member

Yes it is Hirschsrpungs disease.
    We met the surgeon yesterday so we know a bit more about the operation now.
    In the last month he has had a cleft palate operation and an undescended testcicle put in place (that looked like the definition of uncompfortable to say the least – stitches in your scrote anyone?)
    That added to the fact that he was born with club feet means that the little guy has seen more white coats that most in his first 15 months.
    The great thing is that he is a happy little chap and cheers us all up even with all of the stuff being done to him 🙂

StuF

OJ – My lad (now 10) was diagnosed with hirschprungs when he was a few weeks old and had keyhole surgery at about 8 weeks (at the time there were very few surgeons doing this). Now he has a couple of tiny scars and you wouldn't know.

Hope you're getting all the support you need.

Bigyinn – sorry for the hijack

oddjob
    Free Member

ODesn't sound like it will be keyhole surgery from what we were told. He is quite old for this though, normally they treat it withing the first few months.

Again sorry for the hijack

StuF

OJ, if its any help I might be able to dig out our consultant's contact details (he was based in london). He was pioneering the technique back then.

Just ignore me if I'm not being helpful. 🙂

Best of luck and hope it goes well

badnewz
    Free Member

Good week bad week good week bad week…that's the way it work innnit?Saying that, you've had a really bad week there.

oddjob
    Free Member

We live in Denmark so I am not sure it would help.
    We ended up seeing someone in Manchester about his feet when they messed it up here, but I don't think we have an option for this becuase the whole process of diagnosis etc is not something that can be done in passing.

Does your son still need any treatment or help with his bowels now or was it business as usual once he had recovered from the operation?

We are more worried about the long term affects than the actual operation itself.

StuF

Nope – I believe business as usual from after he recovered from the op and as it was keyhole – no scarring and no colostomy bag (which I believe would have been needed for a while after the op if it had been done the traditional way)

I can get more details of exactly happened at the time from my misses (I didn't know her + her lad back then)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope this week is better than last week’ is closed to new replies.