Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope – Tech3 E4 slight fitting issue
  • gixer1979
    Free Member

I recently purchased a set of these and initially mounted them up using my old spacers that came with the bike. Previously a shimano xt setup with 180mm front and rear.

I’m gonna say I’m struggling to align the caliper to 100% eliminate any rubbing and I’m suspecting using the shimano spacers isn’t helping me.

A quick look on the hope site and it looks to me like the hope mounts work differently, as in the mount fixes to the existing fork and frame and you then fix the caliper to the new hope mount. I’m guessing this has to be a more stable option than my existing setup and could eliminate my problem.

A mate suggested I should also fit some floating hope rotors at the same time and ebay off the solid shimano ones.

Thoughts anyone ?

RustyMac

I have hope tech evo M4’s and was instructed to set mine up by aligning the line on the calliper with the rotor. This worked spot on for me.

I do have hope mounts and floating rotors though.

The line I am talking about is the line extending from the p of hope on the calliper in this picture.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-tech-3-e4-disc-brake/rp-prod112975?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CISkt7Hgmb0CFaQfwwod-bIAvw&gclsrc=aw.ds

vmgscot

I just bought and fitted E3’s a couple weeks ago and I also struggled a bit to get them fitted to start with…and that was with Hope adaptors and rotors, so I wouldn’t put it down to the Shimano stuff just yet (unless rotors are warped).

What I found was to follow the Hope tech vid… and the key is to getting the pistons ‘balanced’ so they actuate equally…got there in the end following the vid.

The E3’s seems more tricky than the various sets of old Mono Mini’s I still run but I put that down to the longer pad length and getting the caliper square with the rotor exactly (ie not skew).

gixer1979
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, will have another crack at the weekend.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Check your rotors aren’t 183mm.
    I know the kit should include 180mm rotors but would be easy for them to give you the 183mm version and not notice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope – Tech3 E4 slight fitting issue’ is closed to new replies.