Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Tech X2 – How have people mounted these with their shifters?
  • JimmyB
    Free Member

Got the Tech X2 on the front & wondered if there were any ingenious solutions to getting a trouble free mounting of them with older Shimano shifters?

Got older LX shifters & although current mounting is useable, there's not much shifter lever poking from behind the brakes but best I've come up with of different orientations so far.

Alternatively what's the best shifter combo for this brake or is it XTR and new XT with mounting bracket only?

si-wilson
    Free Member

I have used SLX with no issues when the shiter windows are removed and the brakes inboard of the shifter 🙂

JimmyB
    Free Member

So yet another upgrade on the list then, think I'll scour the Classifieds as only need a RH shifter.

ta

mojo5pro
    Free Member

As above, I removed the shifter optics (xt shifters) and run the tech lever on the inside of the shifter (i.e the shifter is between the grip and the brake lever).

GeForceJunky

I have the lever about 2 inches from the grip and the shifter directly in the middle of the gap.

br
    Free Member

RH SLX from CRC £23.

And with SLX you can run inboard/outboard by moving the shifter on the bracket, plus take off the display (cover behind).

goog
    Free Member

get some Sram shifters !

Slogo
    Free Member

I had this problem, (i had shitty shimano avalio stuff!) what a PITA!

if i knew this at the time i would of got other brakes! its the flip flop design piston leaver which is at fault.

I upgraded to new XT Shifters and the Hope matchmaker brackets. which neatened up the bars nicely

Then upgraded the rest of the drive train to XT and fitted a new hope Bottom Bracket!

It got Expensive!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Same problem for me but plus a dedicated Alfine shifter… got the shifter between the lever and grip, with the window removed. Only problem is that it's sometimes difficult to know what gear you're in with a hub gear!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech X2 – How have people mounted these with their shifters?’ is closed to new replies.