Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope tech X2 brake pads
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

just taken mine out to check the wearing on them and going to buy 'sintered' instead of 'organic' cos they last longer apparently…
    the 'sintered ones' are 'gold' in colour, but my bike came with black pads, so does this mean my current pads are organic ? had these pads in since buying the bike from new last summer and only just wearing them out now ! think thats cos im alight weight…! lol

thefallguy
    Free Member

Yours will be organic, sintered do tend to be a better bet if you are riding through the winter grit.

My organic pads last 5-600 miles in the warm months, in the winter I'm lucky to get 200 miles from a set of organic pads. make sure you bed the new ones in for maximum life.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok cheers

snaps
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to buy the organic ones again if they last a long time.

elaineanne
    Free Member

anyone else sintered or organic ? which shall i choose…

Spud

I usually run sintered, but currently having a go with SSCs' Kevlar pads which seem fine.

mattp
    Free Member

make sure you bed the new ones in for maximum life.

what's the best way to "bed in" new pads?? i seem to get 400 miles from sintered pads on avid brakes which means a change every month for me

Slogo
    Free Member

black are organic and the golds are sintered. Ive had mine a while (organic). Ill def be trying the sintered pads in a few months. to bed the pads in, ride up the biggest hill you can find and ride pulling on the brakes, make sure you do it a few times and get the pads and discs nice and hot.

i think you need to make sure your discs and pads are aligned and running true you should get more than 400 miles on a set of pads! are they wearing evenly?

snaps
    Free Member

How the hell do you only get 400 miles out of your pads?
    I get 1000s out of mine (Hope or EBC)

mattp
    Free Member

maybe i need to rethink my setup if that's the case snaps.. i'm running eixir cr's on 185 rotors and have tried genuine and fibrax pads but not seen much difference in longevity. i'm on a serious weight loss programme and do regular [3 times a week] rides in excess of 25 miles along canalside paths but there is a very long steep hill that i use as a warm up – 2 miles of 1in10, up and down twice…

mattp
    Free Member

apologies for going off topic

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

just get sintered mum ;p its obvious they are better, why do you think they gave u the cheaper ones lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope tech X2 brake pads’ is closed to new replies.