Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Tech wheels.
  • simonb51
    Free Member

Anyone run Hope wheels?

Whats your thoughts on them.

Killed some carbon wheels last week so looking to go alloy for a while and seen these get good reviews.

HansRey

i have one rear wheel, in 26”. Nothing exciting has happened in 18months, so it must be doing something well.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I think at the last count we’ve sold 35 sets of them so far in various versions, both Tech XC & Enduro.
    The XC seem a little soft, but really reliable in both forms. Spoke tension can be a bit on the loose side sometimes out of the box, so worth checking that before you ride.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve the Hope XC wheels (29″) and I’ve not had to touch them in 18 months and 4500Km of riding.

timbo678
    Free Member

I have Tech XC in 29 & Tech Enduro in 27.5

Not the lightest, but stronger than my old crossmax. As golden wonder said, you need to keep an eye on spoke tension after a few rides.

Pain in the arse to set up tubeless but fine once done!

The hubs are the best bit and ease of maintenance!

beano68
    Free Member

Got Hope Tech Enduro 29er rims and they have taken a right battering and still running true 12 months on.

Found them easy to set up for tubeless and goes up straight away but I am using the airshot like.

Very happy with them.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

There was another thread on these a few days ago. For the money, they are top drawer. Light(ish), strong and they go up tubeless (Gorilla tape!) really really easily.

They look damn good, too.

nickc

Hope Tech Enduro here, they’re not the lightest (or the cheapest) but I haven’t had to so much as look at them since built, and I found they’re not any more hassle to set up tubless than any other rim. As HansRey said, done nothing exciting…which is good

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes started with a pair of tech xc 29ers on my hardtail, have now be changed to tech enduro on the back as kept buckling the rim and dented the front rim on with a rock strike, so swapped out for a wider cheaper mavic en423 rim.
    I’m 14 stone though and do jump it so really asking quite a lot of a XC rim in 29.

zero-cool
    Free Member

We’ve been battering a pair of Tech Enduro wheels for about 2 years and they’re still fine. Will probably replace my old Mavic/Pro 2 Wheelset with a pair of them later in the year (if they ever wear out) as the Tech Enduros have had a hard life and still good as new.

Tom KP

excitable1
    Free Member

If you’ve killed some Carbon wheels then definitely go for the Enduro’s because they are stronger than the XC.

Got some on a bike that I’ve had since March. Apart from one little dent in the rear rim (which I mouled out myself-mostly) they’ve held up well and I’ve put them through a lot.

There are wider rims on the market now and no doubt some stiffer rims but typically with Hope these do the job well and keep going at it for ages.

andyjh

Have a set of Enduro’s on my Orange 5 29’er and they have been spot on. I wanted a set of no fuss wheels that I could be confident in when doing bike parks and general ridding in Wales etc. They have been spot on for this, still run true, not touched them yet and went up tubeless no problem.

rickon
    Free Member

They’re a bit narrow though. DT EX1501 rims would be ideal if you’re breaking rims and want something that’s not heavy and narrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech wheels.’ is closed to new replies.