Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Tech M4 Evo, adapter help?
  • bennn
    Free Member

Evening all, after a little help please..

I recently purchased the above brakes, F&R to replace some ancient Mini’s I’ve got on at the moment, not realising that I’d require some adapters – the new calipers are post-mount, and my frame and forks are IS.

I’ve been having a look around and found a Hope ‘J’ adaptor, which should be front brake IS to 183mm post-mount.. hopefully.. can anyone confirm I’ve got the right one?

Also I need an adaptor for the rear, but not sure which one I’ll need?

Frame is a Mk1 Ragley Blue Pig, Forks RS Recon 351 Solo-Air, I bought a 183mm front rotor and 160mm rear, any help appreciated..

Thanks, Ben

blisterman1962
    Free Member

J is correct for front, F for IS rear. Check out the adapters at the bottom of this page: http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/hope-disc-brakes/hope-tech-evo-m4-disc-brakes.html

bennn
    Free Member

Cool, so that’ll make the rotors I ordered fit?

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Ah, now then, the front I’m 100% sure of. After googling an image of the frame, I didn’t realise the rear was mounted on the chainstay.

I will have to say I’m not 100% on that one, sorry. Failing any advice on here, drop Ragley an email and ask if its a standard IS mount. If it is – you need an F mount.

bennn
    Free Member

Pretty sure it is, I’ve an IS to IS adapter on there at the min, will I need to take into account the rotor size the frame is designed for though?

😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech M4 Evo, adapter help?’ is closed to new replies.