Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope tech M4 caliper alignment
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips?
    I’ve followed the instructions on the hope site and the rear one was sorted first time. The front one though is being a swine. It aligns fine by using a screwdriver or similar against the closest pad and pumping the brakes until the pistons all react the same amount each time. Bit after 5 mins riding the outer pad starts rubbing again.
    Can’t figure it for the life of me

soobalias
    Free Member

dodgy seal?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Maybe a bit sticky piston? caliper off and pads out to check all pistons move easily? If one is sticky hold the rest in and pump the lever to move it out, lube with brake fluid or red rubber grease and work it in and out a few times

Zoolander
    Free Member

Mmm , cheers I’ll try the piston thing.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

If you ask Hope they’ll say work the pistons back and forth and spray some plumbers silicon lube spray on them. I do that on mine every time I change the pads and they’re sweet 🙂

duir
    Free Member

I am sure you would have done this already but did you align the caliper with the brake pads removed? This can really help before fitting the pads and aligning them as per the video. However, like most disk sytems the rotors can warp a little meaning that you have a little rubbing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope tech M4 caliper alignment’ is closed to new replies.