Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope tech m4
  • cubexms2011
    Free Member

Hi there I’ve had hope tech m4’s about 3 weeks ago new from hope what pads come in them as standard sintered or organic as they make one hell of a noise when wet any ideas how to stop this thanks

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sintered

gsp1984
    Free Member

Mine came with organics and they were rubbish… I’ve now got sintered which I though were much better… until I rode a bike with good brakes 🙁

jonk

Mine came with organics and they were rubbish. Quickly swapped to sintered for the best performance.

cubexms2011
    Free Member

How can you tell the difference and how do you stop the noise

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mine came with Hope which I binned for Goodridge sintered. Much, much better.

coatesy
    Free Member

Standard are black, sintered are gold. As for noise, usually either contaminated pads/rotor, or poorly set up (see vid on Hope’s website for how to set them up correctly).

carlos
    Free Member

I think one visual difference is Organic has a Black backing and Sintered has a Gold backing, then obviously the pad compound looks different.

Pretty sure all Hope’s come with Organic when new, best to get some Sintered as they’ll last longer in the wet too.

Dam, to slow. But correct 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

IME non bedded in pads or when they are very cold [ hence it is more common in the rain] they squeal on a variety of makes.
    Once warmed up the noise stops – may require a very long descent and/or mincing

gsp1984
    Free Member

Mine only ever squeak when caked in crap… I.e the pads covered on grit and crap. If the pad is loose it could squeak too.

ruscle
    Free Member

Follow the set up guide on Hope’s web site as if the pads are not centred correctly and not meeting the disc at the same time this will create noise and also less power, very easy to do and well worth it. Also Hope pads are Goodridge re-branded!! Sintered pads are better this time of the year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope tech m4’ is closed to new replies.