Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hope Tech 3 E4 users / reviews.
  • shredder
    Free Member

Hope Tech 3 E4 users reviews pleased with them?

SirHC

I’ve had a set of V4’s on the Dh bike since April, no issues and they have done multiple uplift days, 2 weeks in france.

Fitted a set of E4’s to the trail bike in August, done 750 or so miles on them, again with no issues, still on the original pads.

I can’t get along with the lever feel of shimano’s, prefer the feel of avids, which the hopes are very similar to, yet with a lot more power (came of elixirs). They are far easier to bleed, with no special tools (one less thing in the toolbox).

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Interested in this too as think I’ll get a set of the e4 tech 3s myself soon

shredder
    Free Member

Currently have latest XT and XTR across my bikes.But possibly looking for the modulation the Hopes would appear to offer over the on/off power on Shimanos.

As good as the Shimano are they will lock you up on something slow , when perhaps you just need to keep rolling. So as people seem to say perhaps this is where the Hopes beat the big S

blairc70
    Free Member

Have both the race M4 and tech e4, both are fit and forget, plenty of power when required and not the on / off feel of lots of other brakes ( formulas etc ). Add to that that they are UK manufactured and if anything goes wrong it will be fixed quickly, usually with no costs. Only downside would be if you are intending to fit them to a meta V4, there is not really enough room for the rear calliper. Hope that helps.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

i got a set of the tech3 v4 and think they were awesome, no probs whatsoever (running with the vented disks) although i do find getting them centralised can be a bit of a faf!
    just got a new bike (five) and fitted them to it last night, this meant removing the rear calliper to feed the hose through the swing arm, i was a bit worried about the process as didn’t really want to bleed a decent set of brakes that had been fine up till now! well, no need to worry, they are easy to work on.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

duplicate oooops

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

duplicate oops

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks.
    Might see you around Esholt at some point Blair.

blairc70
    Free Member

About most Sundays, esholt, baildon etc, more than welcome to try bike / brakes

chiefgrooveguru

Race Evo M4 on one bike, Tech 3 E4 on the other. Both brilliant but prefer the adjustability of the Tech 3 levers.

stoney
    Free Member

Never had anything else but Hope brakes, Ever since the original C2s back in 98!. They are the easiest to work on, get parts for and they work! ie the more you pull the lever the more they stop (up to the point of skidding)
    Unlike the Shimano On/Off……. 😉

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yep run Tech 3 E4’s myself and look after a couple of bikes with them also.
    Most of the reasons why they are the best brake on the market have been covered and I’ve a feeling you already know.

Reliability wise they’ve all been faultless.
    As with previous models bleeding them is a breeze and just really nice to work being superb quality throughout.

If I had to find a negative about them I’d say they are a little trickier to set up than Shimano’s balancing pistons etc as the pads run close to the disc closer than the previous M4s but not quite as bad as formulas.

I’ve used Hopes own, superstar and Aztec pads so I believe this is actually an attribute of the caliper rather than the pads.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

I had them on my last bike and they were superb no faults at all and braking performance was superb, highly recommend them.

beano68
    Free Member

So pleased to hear positive reviews about the Hope Tech 3 E4 as I’m buying some later this week.

simonjj
    Free Member

Had the XT’s on my old Covert Carbon and as has been said by others many times I found them very on / off, specced tech3-e4’s for my new build and much prefer the progressive feel they offer.

rickon
    Free Member

Ive had all newer style Shimanos, Deore, Slx, xt, xtr. Ive also have Avid Trails.

Ive got Hope Tech 3 E4 and X2.

The Tech3 E4 are hands down the best brake of them all.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Ive got Hope Tech 3 X2. m4’s they’re the dogs for feel the lot .. I Keep em clean & lubed around the pistons ,pads etc .. Mega brakes !.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech 3 E4 users / reviews.’ is closed to new replies.