Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope t rex or Oneup Components?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Not sure which to go for, the oneup comes with a 16t sprocket but if you go for the Hope do you need to buy this separate? Any help or advice appreciated

tmb467
    Free Member

Or Ace Components…cheaper as well

Northwind

By all accounts the Oneup 16T isn’t brilliant… TBH I’d always go for the originals not the copyists.

(are people still having issues with the chain backpedalling off on the Hopes? Was a lot of talk about this when they first came out)

nickdavies

One up comes with sprocket and is a few quid more, hope doesn’t and it’s a few quid less. RAD cage makes more difference IMO than the name on the big ring, not tried hope though. I fitted the one up 16t but i’ve narrowed chain skipping issues to that sprocket so not overly impressed, only about 350k old.

It’s mtb pick the one with the colour that suits the bike best.. 😉

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers think I’ll give Ace Components a turn, get 10% off on first purchase.

mboy
    Free Member

Hope T-Rex and a genuine Shimano 16T sprocket here… Works brilliantly!

I do like the idea of the One-up Rad cage though, but given how much design goes into making an XT cassette shift as well as it does, I won’t be putting a cheapo stamped 16T that looks more like an SS cog than it does a 10Spd cassette cog in the middle of my cassette! Genuine Shimano 16T cogs don’t break the bank either…

teethgrinder

Superstar are supposed to be doing one for £30. Was on their Facebook page not long ago

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just ordered a genuine shimano 16t cog for £9 cheers for the advice.
    Are raceface narrow wide the best out there or have the others produced as good a front ring for less?

teethgrinder

Again, superstar. The I/O has longer teeth than my previous Works one. And it’s a metric **** tonne cheaper.

tmb467
    Free Member

Likewise – Ace Components

They even send you the bolts you need.

If you lump it all together in a ‘groupset’ package they send you a new chain too 🙂

(Btw – I don’t work for em, just bought the groupset earlier in the year)

fudge9202
    Free Member

tmb467 how has it been in terms of reliability and wear?

tmb467
    Free Member

No problems with reliability – once I’d sorted the mech and chain length out

XT medium cage rear mech works great (although I will be getting a RAD cage as I’m getting a bit of rub off dinner plate when in 36t)

I’ve sent some pics to your profile email. Had it on since end of May and it’s worn no worse than the XT cassette it’s been on and the NW ring seems pretty good too.

neila

Ace Components for me, mini groupset with 10% off first purchase. Been using for about 4 months now with no issues.

paladin

Thumbs up for ace components groupset here! Non-clutch mech just now and only occasionally dropped the chain. When that mech dies I’ll replace with a clutch.

Have a superstar NW on the other bike and its good too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope t rex or Oneup Components?’ is closed to new replies.