Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope stealth race Evo X2 users
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the Stealth race Evo X2s for my race bike but it is many years since I’ve used Hope brakes.
    So I’m wondering are they any better than they used to be? Ie original minis & mono minis etc

Cheers
    Gordymac

rockymerlin
    Free Member

I have a pair of hope mini (ten years old), hope tech (3 yers old) and hope race (8 months old).

They are race awesome, powerful and light.

Ignore what the latest group review of disk brakes in what mtb says, hope are the best for quality and customer service.

No – i don’t work for hope!

zangolin
    Free Member

Yes – running mine with 183mm rotors – prefer the race lever shape and size to the bigger Tech lever. Key to Hope is to spend some time setting them up correctly esp when lining up the callipers with rotors.
    Expect the Hope haters to arrive soon;-)
    Also love my Saint and XT brakes on my other bikes – but there is just something I prefer about the Hopes.

nikk
    Free Member

Put some on a moth or so ago. Very happy so far!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Been Useing race x2/m4 mix on my enduro and am very impressed
    With te power
    The new race evo is much better than the older mini pro and race x2 that I have on other bikes

Gordymac
    Free Member

A wee bump for the Sunday night crowd. 🙂

lune
    Free Member

Have stealth x2 race evo front and rear and very happy with them so far (prob 150 miles or so), using them with 160mm race x2 discs. Levers are nice and powerful enough for me so far.

tmb467
    Free Member

[*]Evos (I think) are a bit better in the leve (than non-evos) r…the calipers are the same across tech stealth and race

Tech caliper is chunky – race is lighter with less adjustability

Stealth is race but in all black??

I’ve got the tech Evo m4s and can’t fault em – although calipers now need a service

tk46hal
    Free Member

All my bikes have or had Hope brakes. Just ordered the V twins for the crosser.
    Big hope fan!

honourablegeorge

Really like my Tech Evo X2s – came from Shimano to them – I think the bite point adjuster that the Race versions lack might be worth having if you’re used to the bite of the Shimanos, as it allows you to get them to feel a bit more immediate. Either way, they’re lovely brakes. There’s a “feel” to them that’s just lovely.

tmb467
    Free Member

Arse – meant to say lever in the second sentence…tech lever is chunky (in comparison to race)

Anyway – they’re great

jonnyrockymountain

Loving my race stealth x2 with 160 rotors powerful,light and lovely feal

Gordymac
    Free Member

Thanks guys sounds like they are decent enough brakes nowadays.

tk46hal I’ve just fitted a v-twin to my crosser and that’s partly what has me toying with the stealth evos.

The x2 calliper is a lovely piece of work.

Gordymac

coatesy
    Free Member

Any feedback on durability of the lever pivots? Liked my old Hopes, but the pivots did tend to go a bit sloppy, considering a set of these once I find out what’s happening with my dicky M785s.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope stealth race Evo X2 users’ is closed to new replies.