Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Hope Skewers ………in Green
  • dickydutch

Does anybody know where I’d be able to get a pair of quick relase skewers by Hope in their factory green colour?
    I dont think theyre availabe to the general public, but really want some to match the green and white paint on my bike.

Any help or leads would be massively appreciated. Or if you have any to sell, even better!!!

Thanks in advance.

JxL
    Free Member

Id also love some of the green hope stuff, but its rarely available. try ebay, I have seen some factory headsets going and alike!

pjt201
    Free Member

It’s only given out to the race team iirc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    momo

Only given out to sponsored riders, as above try the bay, or get friendly with a hope sponsored rider. Or get really good at riding a bike and get yourself sponsored.

dickydutch

yeah I did ring hope and spoke to them. They confirmed the sposnored thing. I already knew, but was hoping someone may have a magical link to some somewhere. are there any other skewers that are in green??

momo

Salsa maybe?

yossarian
    Free Member

the benefit of using salsa skewers is that they actually work too 😉

dickydutch

also seen that crank bros do them. heard bad things about them though……

Salsa ones look good.

Potter
    Free Member

i spoke to hope and as above they confirmed that the green is for its sponsored riders but they did hint that if/when they change the colours it would be released

dickydutch

Potter – is that likely to be any time soon you think?

Potter
    Free Member

Potter – is that likely to be any time soon you think?

they didnt really elaborate mate but i hope so cuz i think its a cracking colour but i wouldnt hold ya breath

theflatboy
    Free Member

just get the salsas. they’re nice, man.

dickydutch

struggling to find salsas in green in stock anywhere!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

you might be able to order and get them shipped from here:
    elite cycling online

dickydutch

think ive found them at UK store now. thanksk for the info though!

IdleJon

dickydutch – Member
    also seen that crank bros do them. heard bad things about them though……

My last experience of Crank Brothers kit was a l/h pedal detaching itself from the axle in moving traffic, so the thought of CB skewers sends a shiver up, down and sideways across my spine.

(In my riding group we had 5 sets of CB pedals fail within a year of purchase.)

dickydutch

Ill steer clear then!!
    Not heard anything good about their pedals!

nina
    Free Member

never had a problem with my CB skewer or any of my pedals

terrahawk
    Free Member

I was in the Hope factory the other day and there were team green components as far as the eye could see.

none of them for sale to you or I though.

AverageMark
    Free Member

Slight Hi-jack

I have both a set of green hope qr’s and a green hope aheadset that i’m considering swapping for Red stuff, they have been used for 3 months only. Make me an offer and we’ll see if we can come to some arrangment.

dickydutch

averagemark

i wish you were here earlier. Ive just splashed out on salsa ones. would you be willing to sell the headset seperately?

theflatboy
    Free Member

how ironic 🙁

dicky, you might be able to stop the order or just send the salsas straight back for a refund?

dickydutch

hmmm. might be worth trying. I was about to say how good UKbikestore were (where they came from), as there had been a problem with my order at their end. They rang me to confirm etc and were excellent! You dont have to give reasosns to refund do you?!

AverageMark
    Free Member

Dicky, you don’t want to mix and match mate, as i found out when i tried to find a seatclamp. The hope stuff is a very light green and doesn’t seem to match other green components. I think it would be better to keep them together to be honest so wouldn’t be interested in splitting. Sorry but if i’m going through the trouble of removing the aheadset and having a new one pressed in it would be better for me to have all the parts i wanted.

dickydutch

Averagemark –
    fair enough. Did you have a price in mind then for the lot?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Hope Skewers ………in Green’ is closed to new replies.