Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Singlespeed Pro 2 – Convert Bolt to QR ?
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

As above really can this be done easily, anybody done it ?

I am guessing Hope sell a bolt on to QR adapter but their site does not list it ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

nope hope make no conversion kits for this

bolt or nothing , i made this enquiry to run a QR on my Rig when i used to race on it !

skyhigh_71

Please see my post here, someone thinks it can be done:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-pro-ii-trialsss-hub-experiences

I am picking up a new set of wheels tomorrow from LBS and have requested they fit the Hope SS rear hub with QR if possible – we'll see!

oxym0r0n

nope hope make no conversion kits for this

bolt or nothing , i made this enquiry to run a QR on my Rig when i used to race on it !

Yes it can be done because I have done it!

Simply purchase:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18771 (Pro 2 QR)

and
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18770 (Por 2 QR)

and then add your favourite QR

Mine's been working fine for months…

I can take a picture and email it if necessary 😉

[Edit – BTW it is the loudest hub – louder than the geared version]

adstick
    Free Member

You have a 10mm bolt on pro2 and need the axle and end bits for QR? If so, yes it can be done.

adstick
    Free Member

and I have a spare one if you're interested?

tragically1969
    Free Member

hmmmmmmm strange that some say yes and some say no, one of the yank forums suggests its possible too

Just to be clear this is the Singlespeed\Trials Pro 2 we are talking about here

Just got a Sanderson Soloist and considering my wheel options, cant decide to go for the SS Hub or normal Pro 2 with SS conversion kit

Skyhigh_71 – Be interested to hear what you get when you pick them up

Cheers all

adstick
    Free Member

Ah, sorry, didn't read it properly. D'oh.

STATO
    Free Member

er, i thought you could as they are advertised here and marked as in stock (specific SSPro2 ones too!). Might be worth giving them a ring (they are the shop who sponsor Danny McAskill is case you hadnt heard of them)

oxym0r0n

Unfortunately tragically1969 a lot of people on here throw opinions around with little or no experience of what they are actually talking about 🙄

As I type I am just uploading some pics on Flickr to demonstrate that buying the above listed products (as advised by Hope on the telephone) will convert a ProII SS hub into a QR one…

oxym0r0n

skyhigh_71

Just seconding that. Here's a new wheel collected today. I requested it to be built with QR, and Hope supplied it with the spacers for this. Excellent work by Dan at Head for the Hills Dorking – highly recommended.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill stand corrected on that one.

3 years ago when i enquired hopes line was it couldnt be done

tragically1969
    Free Member

Cheers, just need to find somebody that can build wheels and that has red 32h hubs in stock, CRC seem to be having stock problems with all the Hope Stuff

Any suggestions ?

skyhigh_71

If you're anywhere near the South of England, I highly recommend Head for the Hills in Dorking. I asked them to build me a set of wheels in a short space of time and they did a great job – Dan is your man for this. BTW, this shop is 1 hr drive from me, but I went to them on the recommendation of others and thought it was well worth the journey.

http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk/contact.htm

tragically1969
    Free Member

Cheers, i am up in the North, so needs to be local or mail order really

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Singlespeed Pro 2 – Convert Bolt to QR ?’ is closed to new replies.