Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Sh1t Shifter Or Muc Off Nano Tec?
  • Marmite
    Free Member

Which one is the best cleaner or are they as good as each other?

wildrnes
    Free Member

more than likely the same stuff

lunge

Hope is supposed to be a little more gentle than Muc-Off.

greeble
    Free Member

fenwicks

wildrnes
    Free Member

what more diluted?

MrSparkle

steve_b77
    Free Member

I liek Fairy Liquid I do

AndyPaice
    Free Member

the fenwicks FS1 is great stuff. Dilute it 1:4 with water and it is still way more powerfulthan muc off. Used neat it is a good car engine cleaner.

Just make sure you dontbuy the FS10 (ready diluted stuff). FS1 is about £10 per L whereas the FS10 is about £8 per L and it’s already diluted. I usually get 5L worth from a bottle of the FS1

glenh
    Free Member

They are all just dilute sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) I think (hence the reason you have to make sure to wash it off properly.
    They might have a little detergent mixed in too.

wildrnes
    Free Member

I use Fumpgunk

😉

miles better And cheaper

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Neither, just water and a sponge and bottle brush, occasionally a bit of car shampoo. Both will rot bearings in my experience.

Northwind

Fenwicks FS1… Makes little sense to get anything else if it’s got to be a “proper” bike cleaner, so much cheaper by volume. The only downer is that you need a decent bottle, the normal ones don’t last very long so you end up buying another bottle of muc-off or similiar just to get a squeezee bottle.

Tesco Daisy general cleaner is even cheaper but I don’t entirely trust it not to dissolve my bike :mrgreen:

BoardinBob

I’ve been using this stuff and it’s far better than Muc Off

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38018

GaryLake
    Free Member

Turtle wax on the cheap from wilko diluted in a sh1t shifter bottle about 10:1 with water. Rinse and then scrub with nice hot soapy water.

Never found proper cleaners much cop, if it’s fresh and still wet it rinses off anyway, if it’s baked on, never found the cleaners to work all that well (and you use a whole bottle trying).

In fact if it’s baked on, it’s usually a partial disassembly job anyway – chain, cassette and rings go in pot of degreaser…

ajf
    Free Member

wilko’s car shampoo, hot water and a sponge for most of the bike. Wait to dry then buff with dry cloth (bloody matt finish, never again)

Rings/cassette get a good stiff brush and hot water.

If cleaned regular then its all you need.

Chain, bottle of boiling water and some washing up liquid and shake the bottle for a while. If really bad then some chain cleaner from lidl. Used to just use chain cleaner but heard that can damage chain as to strong.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

greeble – Member

fenwicks

+1 it’s really good stuff!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Sh1t Shifter Or Muc Off Nano Tec?’ is closed to new replies.