Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope retainer ring question
  • antares
    Free Member

Quick question for retainer ring owners. Is it just the 30t ring that is threaded? Like this

IMG_20140515_111929 by Jeevester, on Flickr

And do the 32t and above look like this?

image by Jeevester, on Flickr

Thanks

gee
    Free Member

Yes I think so – the 30t has to be as otherwise the bolts wouldn’t clear the spider tabs.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

I fitted a 32t yesterday, and it was like your picture shows. Non threaded.

antares
    Free Member

Thanks. Looks like I’ll have to order a 32t instead unless anyone knows where I can get some chainring bolts that are at least 15mm long.

etsxteam
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a 32 no threads also have a brand new 30 don’t remember seeing threads on it but can confirm tomorrow if that helps not saying Gee is wrong just don’t remember seeing threads on it

GolfChick
    Free Member

I had a raceface 30T and it was threaded and I now have 32T hope and it is not threaded, exactly like your photos.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

the 30’s are threaded as like Gee say’s the tabs won’t clear the spider. Normal chainring bolts should work though as the threaded parts are designed to replace the inner bolt?

antares
    Free Member

Thanks etsxteam but that is my 30t in the first pic so no need to confirm. I was wanting to fit the 30t to some xtr cranks but I can’t find any bolts long enough to go from the inside of the ring and into the caps on the end of the spider arms. If the ring is like the black one in the second pic then I’m certain the bolts that held the original xtr ring on will do.

IMG_20140515_105311 by Jeevester, on Flickr

etsxteam
    Free Member

I must be wrong just didn’t notice the threads when it arrived Blazin-Saddles explanation makes sense and they must have seen many of them

antares
    Free Member

Blazing saddles that would be ok if I was bolting from the outside but I need to go the other way as you can see above. It’d look a bit shit otherwise.

IMG_20140515_112130 by Jeevester, on Flickr

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is this for a single speed or are you just intentionally giving your self a shit chainline in order to stay aesthetic.?

antares
    Free Member

No its for a 1×10 set up. What do you mean?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

How you have it in your lower photo is how it’s designed to work, not sure any 30t rings have clear holes without threads.

antares
    Free Member

Ended up selling the 30t and getting a 32t. Bolted on with the original xtr bolts from the inside and out into the spider arm caps.

IMG_20140522_145923 by Jeevester, on Flickr

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope retainer ring question’ is closed to new replies.