Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope Race Lever not sitting flush. HELP!
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

After an off today, the rear brake lever on my Hope race evo m4’s has popped out from where it should normally sit. The lever itself is fine and no fluid loss, it just seems like the seal has become misplaced meaning that the lever constantly sits as though the reach adjust is fully screwed out.

Is there an fix? Meant to be going Nant Yr Arian tomorrow so would really appreciate anyhelp.

Thanks
    Pete

coatesy
    Free Member

There’s usually a washer, held by a circlip, that holds the operating push rod in place. This can often get distorted in a crash, and can usually be removed,tapped flat, and re-installed without losing fluid if you’re lucky. I’d recommend checking the exploded diagram on Hope’s site for further details, but it appears to be down at the moment.
    Edit- just located a diagram, and there appears to be a stop plate held by an M3 bolt (rather than a washer and circlip) that’s likely to be the culprit, but not sure if you’d be able to straighten it if it’s distorted,

iain1775
    Free Member

Had similar on my mono mini levers, as said above just need to re-seat the washer, I found it a bit of a bitch to get the circlip back in place though, and probably didnt do it properly as it popped out again a few brake pumps later
    Brakes worked fine anyway so I ended up leaving them, just meant lever was right out from my bars
    Since replaced them with some Shimanos anyway

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope Race Lever not sitting flush. HELP!’ is closed to new replies.