Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • hope race brakes levers euro style?
  • tonykay41
    Free Member

i purchased a set of hope race x2 through stw,there was not mention of levers being back to front (euro style)
    has anyone here swapped hope levers over, does it require a bleed after. I’ve never bled brakes so wondering can i do it without or am i better taking them to a shop.
    I’m currently wait response from seller.
    any input would be appreciated
    thanks in advance

vincienup
    Free Member

Depending who you speak to, you may get away with swapping hoses at calliper end without a bleed do long as you leave the reservoir cap on, but tbh I’d plan on a bleed if you’re opening the system.

Hopes aren’t hard to do so long as you respect the DOT fluid. If they’re not needed right now, why not grab a YouTube video and learn? All you need is a fivers worth of DOT fluid (buy a small bottle) a foot or so of plastic hose and an old jam jar or similar plus a spanner to open the bleed nipple.

tonykay41
    Free Member

thanks so its not as simple as swapping at lever end ?
    i have had a quote of £20 from lbs to swap incase they need a bleed
    firstly i think i will have to wait on sellers response to see if he is happy to pay lbs

smatkins1
    Free Member

Can easily be done at leaver end. Hope videos on YouTube are superb. As already said, you should be able to do it without bleeding, but prob best you are prepared to bleed. You don’t need a special kiit and it’s easy peezy. B&Q sell plastic pipe the perfect size for the caliper nipple.

tonykay41
    Free Member

thanks for advice think il leave it to shop as seller has kindly agreed to refund amount for shop to do it.
    cheers

stevomcd
    Free Member

Assuming they don’t end-up needing a bleed (which 9 times out of 10 they won’t), it can be done in under 2 minutes with nothing more complicated than a spanner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘hope race brakes levers euro style?’ is closed to new replies.