Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HOPE Pro4's swapping end caps, am i missing something ?
  • weeksy

Went to try something out this week as i was thinking “Why don’t i try 27.5’s in the Parkwood”

Front goes straight in as both my bikes are 15mm QR. But the rear is 142×12 on the Whyte and is QR on the Parkwood, so wanted to swap over to QR rear. Pulled off the little end caps, but then couldn’t see how the QRs can fit as they’re the wrong size for the axle that goes through the hub.

Now, the QRs i pulled out were bagged up in my ‘bits’ container, so may have not been the correct QR caps possibly… Can’t say for sure. But was just wondering if i’m missing something and need to remove the axle that goes through the hub first, or if i have the wrong caps..

Onzadog
    Free Member

sounds like the wrong end caps to me. As you say, 135qr is the same hub as 142×12, just different end caps. Might they be Pro2 that you have rather than pro 2 evo? I think those should fit.

Rubber_Buccaneer

My money is on the wrong end caps too.

Pro2 QR = HUB225
    Pro2 evo/Pro4 = HUB238

According to Hope’s chart for rear hubs

weeksy

I’ve got that many bits in the container, they could well be Pro2s, but i wanted to confirm i had the first part right before searching for more caps to go on, no point doing that if i needed other things.

Thanks for your advice, i’ll go digging later 🙂

It’s only really curiosity to see how the PArkwood rides as a 27.5 really.

pickle
    Free Member

Have you asked Hope?

weeksy

Nopes, why ask Hope when i can ask on here and get the answer 🙂

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

When you buy a hope wheel set the rear comes with 135 bolt through spacers with qr inserts in them . For 142 bolt through you get 2 slightly wider spacers , the silver one replaces the existing silver one and the black replaces the black . You need to swap the spacers and fit the QR adapters and all will be good . BTW you need to remove the casette to swap the drive side spacer , if you have one fitted .

steel4real
    Free Member

……

and all will be good

Not, if as already pointed out, you try to fit Pro 2 rear hub adaptors to Pro 2 EVO or Pro 4 hubs……the axle OD’s are different.

🙄

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

pardon me , just trying to answer the original question .

cjr61

Pro 2 are 15mm axle and Pro 2 Evo are 17mm.

Likely to be Pro 2’s you’ve got

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HOPE Pro4's swapping end caps, am i missing something ?’ is closed to new replies.