Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hope Pro3 noise = Hope Pro2 noise
  • walla24
    Free Member

Simple question, do they make the same noise?
    Looking to avoid superstar superlegga deafness!

Thanks

bigrich

pro3>>pro2

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What the inside looks like

Looks very similar to the PROII really

krixmeister

My experience is Pro 3 are louder than Pro 2. Seems to be variable though, depending on weather, location, how recently serviced, etc – other people I’m sure will tell you the opposite.

rOcKeTdOg

My pro3 road hubs are way louder than my pro 2 mtb hubs, frame material resonance has a lot to do with it too e.g. deafening on an Orange 5

STATO
    Free Member

The difference between the Pro2 and Pro3 is the bearing size, hope have now released the Pro2evo which uses Pro3 bearings, so is essentially a Pro3 disc, although they already had a Pro3 disc available in a complete wheel. Its quite confusing but generally they all sound the same.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

To add to the confusion I’d say my Pro3s are quieter than my Pro2s!

Not alot in it though tbh

walla24
    Free Member

hmm defo avoiding if they are any louder 😆

Schweiz
    Free Member

It takes 2 minutes to quieten down a hope hub considerably by adding grease into the freewheel…

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

My Pro 3’s are loud but then I am comparing to a Hope XC!
    Thanx
    Max

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Double post!

ononeorange

Why would you want to quieten them?! One of the loveliest sounds…..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I had some Pro3s and had to sell them on they were that annoying. Whether they are louder than Pro2s I couldn’t say but you certainly notice the noise more on the roadie, as when you’re freewheeling on the MTB you’re often going downhill, so concentrating on other things.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I believe the accepted solution is to keep pedalling and never freewheel. Eventually the sound of the wind and your blood coursing around your body will drown out the sound. Eventually…

messiah
    Free Member

It takes 2 minutes to quieten down a hope hub considerably by adding grease into the freewheel…

This^^^

Even quieter and freewheels smoother if you use oil… which I’ve been doing with Hope hubs for years :mrgreen:

RobHilton
    Free Member

I did this – kinda accidentally – and really missed the noise!
    Then it all seeped out in a few rides 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

loud = good, surely?
    easily remedied in both 2’s and 3’s by adding more lube to the ratchet

hp_source

I quite like it, loud enough for walkers to hear as you approach which helps to avoid the odd “you should have a bell on that” comment that you get.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro3 noise = Hope Pro2 noise’ is closed to new replies.