Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope pro2 replacement bearing question – HELP A NUMPTY OUT
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

My front hub is feeling a bit rough, so I’m going to give it a grease to see it that works.

But if I need to get some replacement bearings are these what I need?

Thanks in advance.

lipseal
    Free Member

The front bearing numbers are 6804 2rs. Just google it and that should point you in the right direction.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

if they are feeling rough adding grease won’t help if they have a sealed bearing (it ‘should’ be sealed) as the grease can’t actually get to the race & balls.

Those are signed for a bulb hub, do you have a bulb or a pro2?
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/PROIIfrontassy.pdf
    or
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/BulbFrontHubQRExploded.pdf

Edit: I take it back 61804 fit both. (2RS just means 2 rubber seals) HTH

Orangejohn
    Free Member

The bearings in your link appear to be for a Hope Bulb.

I’m not sure whether the Pro 2 are the same or not; I guess CRC will have the correct ones listed as Pro 2 (or speak to your LBS or bearing supplier). Get the original Hope spec ones or good quality replacements.

Use the proper Hope tools or failing that a drift (as I do) to tap out the bearings from the inside and then gently tap in the new ones, having remembered to replace the alloy spacer inbetween the bearings.
    In my opinion its a waste of your time to re-grease the bearings if they already feel rough; within weeks they will be rough again or worse.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

As lipseal says, those are the numbers. Try Here

jonnycomet
    Free Member

nicholas_yiu

That’s an extortionate price to pay for some bearings. I bought some much cheaper ones off ebay and they are fine.

bigjim

I like kaesae’s bearings, on ebay, katec bikes or something.

z1ppy

I wouldn’t discount the like of Hope bearing kits from UKbikestore, they use quality bearing (INA) & seemingly are cheaper than a lot of suppliers for the same thing. I definitely wouldn’t be tempted to use cheap unbranded bearing off ebay…

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve orders the bearings from Merlin, thanks CaptainMainwaring.

@ OrangeJohn, where did you get your drift? I’ve got a makeshift press, which a threaded rod with an assortment of large washers on. For removal I was going to use the old ‘socket on an extension bar give it a light whack with a rubber mallet method’.

When I’ve got more time to I’ll explore the non hope bearing route – but I’m in bit of a rush this time round.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro2 replacement bearing question – HELP A NUMPTY OUT’ is closed to new replies.