Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope pro2 pawl springs??
  • mooman
    Free Member

My local bike shop only sells the pawls and springs as a set .. and its only the springs I need.

Can anybody tell me where I can buy just the springs for a hope pro2 cassette.

Much thanks.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    coatesy
    Free Member

They are available seperate from the pawls, we've got a bag of them in our workshop. Unfortunately, they're not really viable cost-wise to send out on their own by mail order/ credit card.

bollard
    Free Member

Ask HOPE at any event (if your entered) i've had a couple of sets in the past for free

jonnych
    Free Member

Just had the same thing, needed some springs by themselves. Emailed hope directly on the service email (on their website) and got a prompt reply saying they're sending me out a new set for free!

parkesie
    Free Member

Some under my fridge. A cut up biro spring in my free hub 🙂

AndyPaice
    Free Member

small zip ties cut to fit. Lasting far far longer in my proII rear than Hopes metal springs.

Paid £16 for a set of pawls and springs once, then went to zip ties. Every time I strip the hub down at least 2 of the metal springs were broken, zip ties are holding up nicely so far 😀

smudge
    Free Member

I used Bikestore too. Excellent service and i've have bought few other things from them since.

As for the springs, they seem alot tougher & stronger than the old ones they replaced.

br
    Free Member

I've broken pawls too, just buy the set and keep them safe.

mooman
    Free Member

Thanks fellas. Another example why STW is the top site in this genre.

The pawls are in mint condition. So I dont really see the logic of paying £15 for 4 tiny slithers of metal/springs and just keeping more stuff in the bike box that`ll prob never get used … it is the springs that snap not the pawls after all.

Anyways. I will try AndyPaice zip-tie method before ordering .. worth a try atleast.

And thanks again all.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thread resurection!!

How does the zipetie method work?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

soreted it – 4 ziptes and hub feels ace

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Any pictures/info on the ziptie method?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no its back together sorry

Essentially use small zipties with the tie end in the hole where the spring goes (round end) and cut em to about 7mm long

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro2 pawl springs??’ is closed to new replies.