Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Pro2 Evo SS/trials spacers. Have I got the wrong parts ?
  • Somehow, I managed to lose one of the 10mm bolt in spacers from my rear hub.
    I was thinking of changing to QR anyway, so I bought this conversion kit.
    Both adapters are the same ID though.
    This drawing shows the left hand bearing as 17mm ID and the right hand bearing as 15mm ID.
    Sure enough, the right one is too big for the axle.
    They are different lengths, so it’s not like someone has put two the same in the bag instead of a pair, so what’s gone wrong ?

Brianblessed
    Free Member

The trials/ss hub has a specific drive side end spacer (same id as the older Pro 2 and smaller od to fit inside the circlip that holds the bearing in). What you have there is the standard Pro 2 Evo spacers.

Ah, so I have. Thanks Brian.

I need HUB453 on this drawing.

What I’ve bought is HUB458 on this drawing.

Hope don’t appear to sell direct. It looks like the only UK shop selling that part is UK Bike Store.

montello
    Free Member

I talked to Hope and they will exchange the incorrect endcap for me if I send it back, so try emailing them (probably too late I guess)

On a related note, As far as I can see, removing the circling and using a non evo SS endcap will also do the trick. When the wheel is in place, the end cap will retain the bearings, so I think I’ll be ok. Any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro2 Evo SS/trials spacers. Have I got the wrong parts ?’ is closed to new replies.